FCC Utility Operator
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Smith-Blair, a Xylem Brand, seeks to hire a Full Circle Clamp Utility Operator to set up and operate various fabrication machines such as shears, CNC Punch Press, Hydraulic Press, Ink Jet, etc.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Equipment:Shears (gasket and metal), CNC Punch Presses, Hydraulic Presses (forming, hem & crimp, etc.), Ink Jet, Glue Spray, Forklifts, Etc. (other equipment as applicable within the department)
- Must be a team playerthat exhibits excellent communication/interpersonal skills; motivated to work in a highly participative environment and understand and believe in the Lean Manufacturing Principles (5’s, single piece flow, KanBan, etc.).
- Sets up and operates, without assistance, a variety of fabrication machines to produce quality parts to print specifications; must be able to read and interpret shop orders and blueprints.
- Performs all necessary operations to manufacture any Full Circle and/or PRC products.
- Ability to use, read and interpret tape measures, Pi tapes, squares, protractors, calipers, special pipe & layout instruments, and other measurement tools.
- Must be able to train lesser qualified employees as required.
- Must be capable of using computers to clock/transfer shop orders.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Maintains proper care of equipment and a neat and orderly work area.
- Maintains quality and quantity standards.
- Must perform any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED required.
- Manufacturing/production experience desired but not required.
- Forklift operation experience desired but not required.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Moderate lifting (11-35 lbs.), moderate lifting/pushing (11-35 lbs.)
- Regularly required to stand, reach, bend and move/walk throughout the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see co-workers and managers on a daily basis
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Large industrial facility
- Manufacturing/production work areas and equipment related to: product assembly and assembly lines, metal forming and metal fabrication, welding/grinding, product finishing/painting, product transport/material handling, etc.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Overtime is not standard but can be frequent based on seasonal workload
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.