1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Manufacturing Engineer will support the manufacturing operations of the facility and administer the development and implementation of capital investments, efficient processes, with fair and equitable standards for maximum utilization of equipment, facilities, and people to increase the facilities profitability and competitiveness.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Analyze and interpret engineering drawings, specifications and customer requirements, prepare routings outlining optimum manufacturing instructions, procedures, tooling and standard costs.
- Perform cost estimates as requested. Work with purchasing and outside suppliers to generate accurate cost estimates, component, material and process lead-time.
- Create and maintain Standard Cost (Data) files, Welding WPS/PQR files, ISO procedures and other Facility documentation and records as required.
- Analyze and interpret engineering drawings referring to in-house capabilities, prepare and/or request CNC programs, tooling, fixtures, procedures or work instructions and generate as required. Interface with and train factory operators as required to optimize processes.
- Prepare capital and expense budget proposals, cost analysis, appropriation requests, equipment requirements, process specifications and pant layouts to support business goals and VBLSS projects. Interact with all departments to resolve manufacturing issues and serve on committees and teams as requested.
- Investigate and resolve production, quality, equipment, maintenance and/or tooling problems. Investigate and communicate new technology, equipment and manufacturing innovations.
- Perform miscellaneous assignments and/or projects as directed.
- Analyze existing equipment and performance to provide recommendations for needed capacity, efficiency, customer service, quality and safety.
- May be assigned prime responsibility for a particular highly specialized phase of Manufacturing Engineering responsibility such as Welding, programming, etc. to serve as the facility’s expert in this area(s).
- Communicate with Manufacturing Engineering team on a daily basis, to assist in meeting contract requirements for all production lines and to maintain technical expertise, flexibility and uniformity.
- Coordinate with Production planning, Quality, Customer Service, and Engineering, as well as other departments to insure product materials and other requirements are available to support manufacturing, quality and on time delivery. Serve as ”back-up” to other Manufacturing Engineers, Production Supervisors or other personnel, during periods of vacation, illness, etc.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing related major BSIE, BSME, BSIT, BSMT
- 1+ years' experience in a manufacturing industry preferred
- Must possess good analytical and technical skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Must have a good working knowledge of entire manufacturing processes
- Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing Certifications
- CNC and Robotic Welding programming experience
- AS400 Business System Knowledge
- 3D Software knowledge
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Sitting and Walking/Standing: 50/50
- Stair Climbing
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Office/Mfg. Plant: 50/50
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours+
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.