Mechanical Project Engineer FTC
Contract Mechanical Engineer
If different from the Position Title
Reports to (Solid):
Reports to (Dotted):
(General benchmark overview of the position; 1-3 sentences.)
The Contract Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for working on key engineering projects to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
(Describe benchmark key responsibilities in concise, comprehensive statements.)
- Support Machineries directive compliance, working on risk assessments and risk mitigation actions.
- Support the Stage V diesel emissions project to transition Godwin Diesel driven pumpsets to the latest emission standards, expediting suppliers for prototype builds and dealing with technical questions related to the transition
- Support the design team in processing Engineering Change Requests to remove the current back log
- Help with setting up new external noise testing facility
- Highlight any safety concerns to the relevant person.
(Manager to provide additional responsibilities that is more organization/BU specific.)
(Job Function specific; simplified list with link to full description by Career Stage in MyHR.)
Click here to see detailed proficiency level by Job Function and Career Stage.
- Internal: Engineering Team & Operations
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.
- Bachelor Degree (Honors) in Engineering (Mechanical)
- Working knowledge of the Machineries Directive
Additional preferences for a specific position.
- Knowledge of diesel engines
- 2D & 3D design experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal office based task
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mainly office based but occasional visits to customer sites
Standard weekly job hours: up to 40 hours
Travel requirement: Ability to travel to customer sites
Other local requirement:
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or require that other tasks be performed as required by the business or job circumstances. (for example, but not limited to, personnel changes, technical developments, business needs, etc).