1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
The Role: Xylem seeks an Electro-Mechanic to join the Toronto, Ontario team and report to the Operations & Service Manager. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services, and agricultural settings. The Electro-mechanics principle duties will include, but not limited: to dissembling / diagnosing / repairing / servicing of Flygt equipment. The applicant will be required to assist with field work encompassing mechanical / electrical start-ups, service calls and PMA's. The role will also encompass “On Call” for Emergency breakdowns – on a rotational basis.
- Diagnosing, repairing and servicing of Flygt and other similar Xylem equipment
- 309a Electrician's License
- Dissembling Flygt equipment
- Assist with field work encompassing mechanical / electrical start-ups
- Assist with “On Call” for Emergency breakdowns – on a rotational basis
- Perform repairs to pumps and generators for the rental bank and customers.
- Perform repairs or modifications to electric control panels on-site and in the workshop.
- Commission new sewage pumping
- Provide on-site service for pumps and
- Electrical knowledge of PLC’s and electrical control panels will be a distinct advantage
- Licensed Electrician
- Valid driver’s license – (DZ License would be an advantage)
- Ability to operate with substantial lifting and physical work
- Graduation from a community or technical college in an electrical or mechanical field preferred
- Only local applicants will be considered for this position