FINANCE - Global Project Manager, Global Business Services (GBS) - Order-to-Cash (O2C)
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Global Project Manager is responsible for planning, overseeing and leading projects from ideation through to completion. This is a senior role in the organization and requires interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders, most often managing several moving project parts simultaneously. The Project Manager will play the lead role in planning, executing, monitoring, controlling and closing projects. They are accountable for the entire project scope, project team, resources, and the success or failure of the project.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, and direct the completion of specific projects for an organization while ensuring these projects are on time, on budget, and within scope.
- Oversee the day-to-day details of all assigned projects throughout all five stages of project management:•Initiation (scale & scope) project charter
- Planning (project plan, tracking facilitator of meetings, updates, MOMs, communications, etc.)
- Execution (gate reviews, training, SIT, UAT, cutover, etc.)
- Monitoring (performance) hypercare, SLA/KPI reporting, etc.
- Project close (lessons learned, etc.)
- Communicates and champions project vision and approach
- Owns project scope
- Provides project status to the Xylem Steering Committee as directed
- Manages project budget and measures Xylem performance against the implementation plan
- Empowers the Project Team Members to make decisions
- Manages agreed solution deliverables and milestones to their completion
- Manages project risk register
- Manages project budget
- Assigns and manages project resources and project plan
- Manages issue escalation process
- Reports progress and issues to Xylem Steering Committee•Manages resolution of business change issues
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 10 years of project management experience, including expertise in the Order-to-Cash area of a global organization.
- Technical expertise in end-to-end project management within a global finance department.
- Experience managing projects with both internal and external stakeholders, with the proven ability to drive projects forward with practical advice and within budget.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to influence key stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.