Entry Level-Technical Inside Sales
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Technical Inside Sales. Xylem's Technical Inside Sales role is a great way to begin their career in the water industry. We're looking for talented individuals who will be developed to provide legendary technical and commercial support to our customers; who want to gain a solid foundation in our business, products and applications; and who desire to be part of our talent pipeline to grow their careers with Xylem.
The Technical Inside Sales position will provide heavy commercial support and basic, growing technical support to internal and external customers. Work efforts include extensive order fulfillment duties; heavy volume of customer phone and email communications; basic quotation development; technical submittal creation; basic pricing, availability and technical customer inquiries; general administrative support needs; and engagement in special projects to support continuous improvement to increase productivity and reduce cycle time for customer support while increasing legendary customer service.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Provide heavy commercial support up to and including all aspects of order execution and follow up utilizing available quotation and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools as well as communicate with related internal and external customer and vendor contacts
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly ERP review and maintenance functions to insure all ERP information is accurate; all auto-functions occur correctly; relevant parties have accurate order and sales status; potential problems are identified and mitigated; and any issues are resolved
- Create project technical manuals based on internally supplied quotations and other details
- Provide basic item availability, pricing, and technical assistance including but not limited to part number identification, product bill of materials, serialized number parts lists for internal and external customers.
- Provide basic Aftermarket replacement part selections and develop related quotations as necessary
- Provide inquiry to order commercial support with activities including solicitation of vendor quotes and customer quotation development and sales pipeline support that may include external touch calls to support outside sales or service teams
- Daily utilization of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool to input new data and maintain existing data to current status for both direct customer interactions as well as those by outside sales
- Create legendary customer service experiences for internal and external customers
- Handle overflow from other sales support positions < current level
- Develop technical depth and understanding of Xylem product and application knowledge
- Provide facility and local team administrative support as needed
- Coordinate local trade show, lunch & learn or other local events and/or fulfill related sales literature, brochures, demo equipment or other support needs
- Participate in special projects to create best practices, improve processes, create training tools or to support Xylem initiatives as determined and conduct related presentations or training sessions
- External: Direct and indirect customers
- Internal: Sales, operations and engineering teams
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 4-year degree, preferably in business, computer science, applied science or any of the sciences studies
- Technical aptitude as it relates to the basic understanding of engineered solutions equipment and related tools
- Strong customer service skills
- Good collaborative and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and task management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work with diverse workforce and customer base
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Salesforce.com Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Configure Price Quote (CPQ), and/or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Light lifting (20-25 pounds), office environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Business Office Environment that includes laptop and standard office equipment; work performed in an open plan, cubicle work space setting
Standard weekly job hours: 40 hrs.
Travel requirement: <10% travel required to fulfill the duties listed above; other travel as needed or required by the company
EOE including disability and veteran