Manager, Social Media & Digital Stakeholder Relations
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Manager, Social Media & Digital Stakeholder Relations will lead the Company’s social media practice and support the Vice President, Public Affairs & Media Relations in executing Xylem’s external communications strategy with global stakeholders. This is a role offering great autonomy and high potential impact to the person who brings a mastery of data-driven strategy, creative campaign and asset development, community nurturing, and a track record of disciplined execution. The ideal candidate will have analytic depth and extensive experience driving social media strategies and campaigns to deliver positive outcomes for global brands, while also demonstrating a strong passion for Xylem’s mission to solve the world’s toughest water challenges.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement data-driven social media strategies, campaigns, and plans to build brand awareness, grow followership, and increase engagement. Ensure alignment and synergy between Xylem’s social media messaging, its broader communications strategies, and its core values and brand priorities.
- Cultivate and curate energized online communities across Xylem stakeholder groups to advance both economic and social objectives.
- Manage day-to-day social media activity across all Xylem Corporate social media platforms and channels, including Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and others as needed.
- Integrate strategy, execution and analytics with the activities of other teams – including the Content, Web, Brand, Partnerships and Sustainability teams, in addition to relevant teams from Growth Centers (business units), Commercial Teams (regions) and functions.
- Develop KPIs and metrics to measure impact and return-on-investment (RoI) of social media activity, and make recommendations to Communications leadership to increase RoI from social media investments.
- Create and syndicate regular reports on performance against metrics, and deliver high-insight analytics – using media, social media and web analysis tools – to optimize strategies to increase engagement and followership, and contribute to more effective user journeys.
- Create compelling short-form social media assets – written and visual, both original and derivative –for social media campaigns across multiple platforms that reinforce Xylem’s value proposition.
- Manage and syndicate social media editorial calendar that supports Marketing & Communications strategy, integrates with peer functions across Corporate, business units and regions, and aligns with business and external milestones.
- Support significant news events – eg, product announcements, partnership activations – with well-planned social media support campaigns.
- Create and operationalize Xylem’s distinctive social media “voice” aligned to Xylem’s brand strategy.
- Balance attention between maximizing impact from organic social media activity and outcome-driven paid social media promotion.
- Review campaign performance, based on empirical data and analysis, and deliver continuous improvement.
- Secure new social media partnerships to guide and influence favorable outcomes for Xylem.
- Drive quarter-on-quarter increases in engagement with relevant social media influencers.
- Systematically activate partner communities – including colleagues, customers, executives, industry associations – to expand followership, reach and engagement.
- Act as a domain expert, practice leader and resource to social media contributors across the Company, including:
- Regularly report on new platforms, trends, and industry opportunities.
- Develop an active and energized community of practice across Xylem communicators and social media contributors.
- Develop, disseminate and influence use of Xylem social media protocols and policies.
- Coach employees, company-wide, on social media best practices.
- Write and edit short-form content for Xylem’s social media platforms.
- Work across the Company to align multiple sources of content assets, promotion and engagement with Xylem product-brand social media properties.
- Monitor industry media, social media and influencer channels to identify topics, trends and issues to inform the currency of Xylem social media content.
- Provide support to the VP, Public Affairs & Media Relations on:
- All financial communications, including materials related to quarterly earnings and any associated media relations activity.
- Public/media relations delivery, sometimes including drafting and dissemination of press releases (as one component of “social first” distribution strategy)
- Contribute to the company’s annual sustainability report, and other corporate materials as needed.
- Manage external resources, such as media monitoring and distribution services, and assist in managing work conducted by PR and other creative agencies
- Provide strategic communications support for Xylem senior leadership as needed, at the direction of the VP, Public Affairs & Media Relations
- Partner with Internal Communications to integrate across external and internal campaigns.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or journalism, with formal qualifications in social media marketing preferred.
- Professional certification in Google Analytics strongly preferred
- Five or more years of experience creating and executing effective social media campaigns – preferably with a publicly traded global company.
- Expertise in social media platforms and relevant quantitative analytics.
- Demonstrated proficiency in buying media/placing ads for targeting or retargeting campaigns in the large social media ad tech space/platforms: Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat
- Experience identifying and creating campaigns for target audiences
- Experience with technologies and best practices for creative design and effective copy-writing across multiple platforms
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices
- Additional experience in media relations, content development, stakeholder engagement, and reputation management
- A passion for data and influencing objective outcomes.
- A restless desire to innovate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to affect indirect leadership, with collaboration, expertise and influence.
- Ability to juggle multiple activities and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Experience with the following tools is an advantage:
- Google Analytics
- Video editing software
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Will require travel to project sites.
- Work may require lifting less than 35 lbs.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required in certain situations.
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise
- Shop: In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to factory/shop and machinery.
- Occasional domestic and international travel required.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.