1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: AP Leader - The Invoice to Payment (I2P) AP Team Leader will be responsible for leading a team, driving process improvements and standardization to meet internal and external service delivery expectations. This individual reports to the Regional Accounting Leader and is a strategic business partner providing support to the finance teams and other key stakeholders for the units assigned. The role requires a self-driven, enthusiastic and highly motivated professional capable of working in a fast paced environment while collaborating with various business stakeholders in managing the day-to-day operation of the region I2P team.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Work as a regional point of escalation for local business unit leaders and external service provider for Invoice to Pay (I2P) processing
- Serve as a business partner with Xylem’s third party shared service partner for escalation and problem resolution pertaining to Purchase Orders, Goods/Services Receiving and invoicing to ensure timely and accurate supplier payments
- Function as subject matter expert and drive best practice processes regarding Vendor Master Data, invoice processing and payments.
- Lead user acceptance testing for system upgrades and changes, in partnership with the Financial Systems and the project team
- Lead the Intercompany Confirmation process and load the balance in the OneStream as per the corporate timeline
- Lead intercompany payment process and ensure it’s paid as per the timeline through Netting/Bank
- Create ad-hoc reporting for leadership, effectively communicating with our business partners and leading special or cross-functional projects
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of key performance indicators (KPI) and the metrics against which the team is assessed. As a strategic partner, take steps in support of team goals and priorities aimed at improving the end user experience and improving the performance of the team as measured by key metrics.
- Lead and develop the team with a focus on developing and coaching employees to achieve agreed objectives
- Individual may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work period’s, or otherwise to balance the workload.
- Responsible for the vendor master management for the Region
- Responsible for analysis of the Goods Received Not Invoiced (GRNI) account, working with Xylem’s third party financial shared service partner to investigate and clear aged items.
- Compliance with SOX procedure documentation and controls, with minimum audit findings
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
M.Com /CWA / CAwith sharp accounting skills
13 to 15 years of relevant work experience in mid-size organization handling accounting, audit and reporting
Should have managed the team size of at least 3 to 5 persons for more than 5 years
Experience in MNC on HQ reporting
Fluent in English
Good knowledge in MS-Excel, writing emails in corporate environment