1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Buyer performs a variety of routine and specialized tasks related to the procurement of direct and indirect material and services from both domestic and international suppliers.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities
- Coordinate activities involved with procuring goods and services, such as raw material, equipment, tools, parts and supplies. Reviews requisitions for accuracy.
- Expedite goods and follows up on late orders.
- Confer with suppliers to obtain product or service information including price, availability and delivery schedule.
- Analyze value vs. quantity and demand to determine optimum purchase strategy.
- Resolve accounts payable and receiving discrepancies with suppliers
- Coordinate invoice verification process with GEP as needed.
- Determine optimum method of procurement by using direct purchase, quote or spot buy.
- Review proposals and negotiates with suppliers.
- Maintain computerized purchasing records, and manual when necessary, through the use of system programs and Microsoft Office.
- Maintain data to support vendor performance reports (delivery and quality) and confers with suppliers.
- Review sales orders for part shortages
- Analyze production schedule versus material delivery schedule and takes appropriate action.
- Analyze stock levels of key materials and takes appropriate action.
- Identify cost saving and/or cost avoidance opportunities. Prepares reports and participates in global meetings.
- Maintain vendor and parts purchasing master data.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Continuous improvement mindset
ACT synergy and collaboration
Customer Responsiveness & intimacy
Effective communicator, all levels of the organization
External: Suppliers, GEP
Internal: Regional Supply Chain Managers, Inventory Leaders, Engineering, Production, Finance
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor Degree in Business or related discipline or equivalent work experience in rental or industrial environment
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a supply chain functional or supporting role
- Strong understanding of MRP and manufacturing bill of materials.
- Experience in equipment or rental company purchasing environment preferred
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Self-starter with internal motivation
- Demonstrated organization, prioritization and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong desire to meet or exceed existing quality standards
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Certification(s) in purchasing or supply chain preferred
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting, office environment
- Must occasionally lift/ transport up to 25 pounds.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Home Office
- Xylem manufacturing or service center sites
Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Travel requirement: N/A
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.