Senior Analyst, Finance and Accounting - BlackLine
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Global Business Services (GBS) Financial Systems Business Process Manager plays an important role in promoting and maintaining Xylem’s Global Finance common technology platforms and best practices, with a primary focus on BlackLine. Reporting into the Director, Finance and Accounting Systems, this role will be the leading technology and business expert responsible for optimizing, delivering and maintaining the finance enabling technology available through the BlackLine platform. In partnership with the Record to Report team, the individual will leverage technical proficiency with financial accounting and control capabilities to integrate the best technology standards with business processes, contributing to the transformation of the accounting practices globally. The individual will continuously seek new ways to advance our current technologies for BlackLine and beyond, driving further benefits and efficiencies and influencing the ongoing evolution for Finance and Accounting.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Responsible for designing, re-designing, implementing and maintaining a strong BlackLine technology platform globally
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to capture business requirements, translating and developing the needs into system requirements within BlackLine
- Participate as system lead for BlackLine in global finance and accounting related projects to drive overall operating efficiencies
- Accountable as subject matter expert for BlackLine, provide daily technical support to address and resolve system and user related issues and concerns. Initiate system design changes as needed.
- Develop, customize and enhance system reports meeting business requirements to accurately reflect daily financial and accounting operations within the BlackLine system
- Perform scheduled system maintenance and technical interface reviews and adjustments of the BlackLine system to ensure proper data completeness and accuracy
- Drive continuous testing of newly implemented and existing functionality to ensure the platform is working as intended
- Ensure continuous optimal use of the system by remaining up to date on industry leading practices for the BlackLine suite of products
- Perform other tasks, duties and responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business and/or Technology or related field, plus 5-7 years of relevant experience in a Corporate Finance and Technology enabling environment.
- Extensive hands-on experience in multiple BlackLine modules, namely Recs, Tasks, Matching, Journals, Inter-Company Hub, and Reporting a must
- Strong technical capabilities
- Experience in integrating various applications with Blackline
- Strong accounting skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of the financial close process
- Understanding of internal controls with systems, processes and interfaces
- Strong analytical skills with a willingness to operate at both higher and more detailed levels as required
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Action oriented self-starter who can prioritize tasks, manage deadlines, navigate complexities, and be successful in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Agent of change, continuous improvement, and standardization.
- Strong, professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Project Management experience
- Experience with Oracle, PeopleSoft, Infor or similar ERPs highly desirable.
- Experience with EPM or CPM tools like HFM, SAP BPC, Anaplan or OneStream.
- Experience working in a shared services environment, preferably within the manufacturing industry
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.