Regional Service Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Regional Service Manager
The Regional Service Manager is an important role as we continue to build a progressive and inclusive Lifecycle Service organisation supporting the delivery of vital water treatment and infrastructure activities and helping Xylem to solve some of the world's water challenges. You will be joining at an exciting time in Xylem’s development to build a Lifecycle Services team to support our customers through a combination of our core brands, new and exciting digital technologies, and our dedicated and talented team.
This role will be to lead a 24/7 service team which is vital to support our customers’ requirements in terms of emergency response, repairs and rental services, planned service visits, and larger project delivery activities. In addition, this role will be pivotal to supporting Xylem's growth aspirations and in taking our current operational footprint within the area to be a best-in-class service provider delivering outstanding performance and value to our customers.
- Reporting to the LCS Director UK and Ireland Region, you will be an active member of the UK & Ireland Leadership Team, responsible for managing all after-sales service operational matters, driving profitable and sustainable growth within the Scottish region.
- Responsible for driving increased LCS sales, delivering backlog, and maintaining world-class service levels to the regional customer base
- Leverage the entire Xylem portfolio of products and services, expanding share of wallet with existing customers in addition to increasing new business opportunities.
- The leader will have a firm approach to our number one priority which is the safety of our team, leading this in accordance with current legislation and procedures/policies laid down by the company.
- Building a pipeline of new talent as well as the engagement, development, and retention of key employees will be critical for the growth journey.
- The role will involve collaboration with all parts of the Xylem business, ensuring strong communication across the Sales, Project Management, and Service delivery within the business.
- Responsible for ensuring that vehicles are adequately stocked with appropriate tools and parts, operated safely, and maintained properly.
- Ensure the accuracy of timesheets, expenses, invoices, and reports.
- Survey, scope or arrange scoping of site works providing sufficient information and where appropriate costs, for bought out materials and services. To produce or support the production of quotations for said works.
- Produce or support the production of significant quotations for Service & Rental related works including but not limited to, Maintenance contracts, term agreements, refurbishment contracts, etc.
- Produce or assist in producing, non-standard risk assessments, safe systems of work, and method statements.
- Manage the efficient running of the out-of-hours call availability and attendance of engineers, ensuring that adequate cover is always provided both in and out of hours. This will involve inclusion within the escalation procedure, but it is acknowledged that permanent availability cannot be guaranteed.
- Provide assistance and cover for other members of the management team
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
Everyone's equal value
We want people, regardless of skin color, age, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity, to feel at home, not just at Xylem, but everywhere in the world. For us, diversity, equality, and inclusion mean more than just a policy or a set of methods. Diversity, equality, and inclusion are fundamental parts of our corporate culture and a key to long-term growth.
Feel free to visit us at https://www.xylem.com/