1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Accounting Analyst will be responsible for ensuring the that the processing of the daily, weekly and monthly transactions for the Global Business Services (GBS) general ledgers happens, in collaboration with Cognizant, the outsourced service provider.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Prepare and issue quarterly summaries of intercompany account balances and reconcile any discrepancies.
- Update and maintain general ledger chart of accounts.
- Record intercompany activity and provide support to field units and assist with follow up questions from field.
- Load monthly general ledger activity into the appropriate Finance and Accounting systems.
- Assist FP&A in the budgeting and forecasting process for the GBS team, where necessary.
- Perform preparation and/or review of account reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly recurring journal entries and maintain documentation.
- Prepare quarterly analytics to be provided to corporate for review.
- Responsible for quarterly reporting required for consolidated reporting of actuals (i.e. Q and A forms)
- Preparation and/or review of federal tax packages, R&D tax packages and Sales & Use tax filings (for Canada)
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 3+ years of relevant experience including experience working in a large global corporation.
- Strong anlaytic and financial reporting skills.
- Strong technical capability with Excel, as well as other Financial software such as Oracle, Blackline, GEP Smart and OneStream.
- Ability to work with both a variety of management and staff levels.
- Able to set priorities and meet deadlines in a changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage staff along with managing individual responsibilities.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 10% or less
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.