Oracle Server Database Administrator - REMOTE
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: An Oracle Server Database Administrator is responsible for deploying, configuration maintenance, and performance of critical Oracle Server installations. Responsibilities include the management of Oracle servers to store, organize and access data to ensure maximum availability, reliability, and performance. Additional duties include analyzing the organization’s data management, security needs and helping to develop tools, as well as methods to support data access and information security. Further requirements include coding skills for optimizing Oracle queries to support developers in optimizing queries for applications. This “hands-on” position requires solid technical skills as well as excellent interpersonal and communications skills. This role is an integral part of a global DBA team supporting both MS SQL and Oracle Enterprise Databases.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, monitor and maintain Oracle DB Enterprise platform.
- Administer and provide support for Oracle DB Enterprise environment including clustered instances in both virtual and physical environments;
- Perform database administration tasks including backups, monitoring, performing database copies, working on database enhancements for existing applications, investigating and responding to incidents and events, performance checks, evaluating/monitoring system logs, disk space, sizing, limits for Oracle DB Enterprise engine, applying security patches, performing health checks (administration), upgrading RDBMS
- Serve as support for installing and supporting Oracle Golden Gate and Oracle ODI, Data modeling(Data Vault) within Data Warehousing environment running in Oracle.
- Test database applications to ensure functionality
- Collaborate with other Oracle DBAs to implement structures
- Perform regular security updates to keep user data safe
- Help users to navigate and use database functions
- Set up databases logically and physically. Maintain, Monitor and provide best performance to database.
- Be part of the 24/7/365 On-call Team.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- A Bachelor’s degree or Associates Degree in MIS or CS preferred, or relevant concentration and 5 years minimum of Oracle DB Enterprise server experience
- Knowledge of database design and normalization
- Experience with Oracle Golden Gate and Oracle ODI, Data modeling(Data Vault) within Data Warehousing environment running in Oracle is required.
- Understanding of different data storage and backup solutions related to Oracle Server.
- Support businesses, projects, and users with Oracle Server architecture solutions.
- Configuration of servers for Oracle server installations.
- Installation Oracle Server according to practice and internal policy.
- Upgrading Oracle Server as well as pathing
- Setting up database permissions procedures according to policy and practice
- Setting up and maintaining Disaster/Recovery procedures.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken (English)
- Competency in contemporary related IT systems and platforms
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work is generally conducted in an office environment.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required in certain situations.
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures, and office noise
- Shop: In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to factory/shop and machinery.
- 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday during local office hours
- Collaboration with global teams may require participation in teleconferences outside of local office hours
- Support of business-critical systems will require availability or work outside of local office hours, including weekends and holidays
- Although no regularly scheduled travel is required, domestic or international travel will be occasionally required in support of specific projects or activities.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Further, if the Company determines this role may be performed in or from Colorado, the salary range is $100,0000 to $124,000 plus bonus. Final compensation will be dependent on various factors such as location, qualifications, certifications, relevant work experience and other factors, consistent with applicable law. We offer a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.