Procurement Specialist - Direct
Could you help us solve water?
Xylem is the leading technology provider in the water industry with the vision of solving our world's most critical water challenges. We are committed to bringing out the best in our people through ongoing training and development and a safety culture.
A new opportunity awaits for a highly driven Procurement Specialist – Direct to join our successful Eastern Creek branch. Reporting to the Commercial Operations Director, you will be responsible for optimising the management of Oceania third party supplier spends for direct sourcing categories to ensure sustainable optimal cost operations.
- Actively engage with teams across the business to develop sourcing strategies to best meet the needs of the business
- Develop and manage performance measures to best ensure adoption of procurement best practices
- Understand spend profile and identify opportunities and risks to deliver savings, manage risks and ensure continuity of supply
- Develop and contribute to annual budget plan, aligning the objectives of local management and the Xylem Global Procurement to secure sourcing savings
- Communicate and provide insights into demand drivers, innovations and market intelligence on sourcing needs to stakeholders
- Develop and implement category strategies including risk reduction and responses and sourcing standardisation to best meet business needs
- Drive continuous improvement through participating in rapid improvement events, supplier quality audits, training and certifications as required
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a procurement function with a solid background in negotiating supplier contracts, preferably in an industrial or engineering environment
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or related discipline
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills with a high degree of negotiation and influencing skills
- Highly analytical and detail orientated
What you will get in return
- Generous salary package + ongoing employee perks including subsidised gym membership
- Opportunity to work with a global leader
- Join a vibrant, passionate team
- Ongoing career growth opportunities
- Opportunity to make a difference and become part of Xylems volunteer program “Watermark”
If you're ready to take the next step in your career, we’d love to hear from you.