Java Full Stack Engineer
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, is looking for a Java Full Stack Engineer with a desire to join a team delivering Big Data applications in the Cloud. We’re focused on helping utility companies visualize and make use of the reams of data coming in from their smart meters so they can lower costs and reduce consumption. This is a market poised for explosive growth and this team is ready to take advantage of it.
We’re looking for people who have a passion for writing great code, developing servers, and working with big data. You should enjoy working with bleeding-edge technology, not be afraid to take a different approach to solving technical problems, and be able to change directions quickly as the business environment moves. If this sounds interesting, and you like working in a start-up environment, then we want to talk with you!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development process from definition to deployment.
- Develop cutting-edge technologies to improve Sensus’s software offering.
- Create and maintain back end oriented services and micro-services utilized by the rest of our architecture.
- Maintain and improve existing cloud-based applications, reducing costs and streamlining efficiency.
- Engineer code that is efficient, standard and well documented.
- Take on challenging tasks as needed with an eagerness to develop skills in new areas.
- Bring to the job an excitement and work ethic on par for a startup technology firm.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 5 years minimum of Java development in a team environment.
- Proven ability to develop back end services in a large scale, high performance environment.
- Experience working with ETL.
- Experience working with REST, SOAP, and creating web services.
- Knowledge of tools such as JAXB, Jackson, and GSON.
- Experience with Spring and Spring Boot.
- Experience with MongoDB, Hadoop or other noSql datastore.
- Experience with SQL and RDBMS systems.
- Experience with virtualized deployment practices, particularly AWS.
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with *nix platform deployment and administration.
- Experience with server-side MVC containers (Spring, Struts, Play Framework etc).
- Experience with Agile methodology or similar lean startup approach to building software.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.