1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: A Fabricator is responsible fitting, joining and fabricating portable pumping units and accessories by applying appropriate measurement and welding techniques. A Fabricator is also responsible for reworking finished products.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Comply with XDS and OSHA safety standards, procedures and regulations, including daily attendance of safety/tool box meetings.
- Move machinery and equipment using forklifts, cranes, hoists, dollies and rollers.
- Dismantle and assemble pumping units and accessories.
- MIG and stick weld milled and stainless/carbon steel components (including rework of finished products) as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work orders, or verbal instructions.
- Inspect and correct welds as necessary to meet product specifications.
- Align shafts utilizing laser equipment.
- Collaborate with co-workers in production of multi-component parts and large units.
- Inspect equipment as required to maintain proper function.
- Complete housekeeping duties in assigned area on a daily basis and/or when required.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High school or equivalency diploma
- Two to four years of experience in a production or job shop or Vocational Technical Center
- Knowledge of MIG and stick welding equipment and processes
- Knowledge of welding and fabrication of piping and structural steel assemblies
- Knowledge of assembling rotating equipment
- Ability to read and understand production assembly drawings, specifications and welding symbols
- Ability to lay out prototypes in the absence of assembly drawings
- Ability to operate manual or semi-automated welding equipment
- Ability to use measurement and aligning tools and/or equipment
- Ability and willingness to follow directions and be a team player
- Ability to work independently, as needed
- Knowledge of diesel and electric motor driven pump assembly preferred
- Forklift certification preferred
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Standing eight (8) hours per day
- Using full range of physical motions associated with general labor work throughout the eight (8) hours to include walking, bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing (to 3’), manual dexterity and visual acuity.
- Manual lifting and maneuvering of up to 50 pounds
- Equipment assisted (cranes/hoists) lifting and maneuvering exceeding 50 pounds
- Work using personal protective equipment
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Manufacturing environment; may be exposed to loud noises, changing temperatures, machinery with moving parts and various materials.
- Travel: minimal, if requested
EOE including disability and veteran