Customer Service Agent, Financial Shared Services (Remote)
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: We’re looking for a customer focused, pro-active, energetic and collaborative employee who has the ability to thrive in a newly formed service desk environment. This Accounts Payable Service Desk will function across Xylem North America and will support employees and vendors in resolving financial inquiries.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
•Be an employee and customer advocate who specializes in creating a culture focused on exceptional customer service
•Develop and maintain strong client relationships with vendors and employees at all levels of the organization
•Track common pain points and issues that arise, and make recommendations to the Team Leader in an effort to proactively anticipate future issues
•Understanding metrics and service level agreements, work collaboratively within the Service Desk team and across all areas of Global Business Services (GBS) to ensure service targets are achieved
•Support and foster the development of training materials and SOPs aimed at enhancing customer satisfaction. Assist new employees and those using GBS tools and processes for the first time to drive adoption and build partnerships
•Review and apply policies and procedures to make informed decisions
•Ability to problem solve and proactively provide solutions to improve the Customer Experience
•Plan and manage time based on business priorities and follow up to ensure all work requirements are completed in a timely and accurate manner
•Demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethics in work situations to ensure deliverables are in accordance with compliance standards
Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
•Previous experience supporting client groups with invoice and payment processing
•Knowledge of invoice and payment reconciliation
•Strong written and verbal communication skills
•Demonstrated history of building trust and partnership by providing timely follow-through and thorough support
•Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field a plus
•Previous experience in Financial Shared Services or similar customer-facing type environment
•Experience using ServiceNow to resolve customer inquiries, issues and requests
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.