1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
The Role: Xylem looks to hire a Multi-Site Senior Accountant/Analyst for AWS; sites include Auburn, NY, Buffalo, NY, and Lubbock, TX. The Senior Accountant/Analyst reports to the Controller, is responsible for performing day-to-day operations activities for sites in financial aspects as well as serving as a business partner and member. Position is a key contributor to AWS success, this includes supporting month end close, inventory accounting, early identification of cost variances and for recommendation and implementation of plans to reduce or eliminate waste as well as regular monitoring of the health of the company. Qualifications are:
- 3+ years in general or cost accounting role in a plant environment
- Understanding of manufacturing, not only accounting and finance but operations.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assist in monthly, quarterly, and yearly closing activities in strict adherence to close schedule
- Statutory Reporting
- Cost Accounting functions for the sites
- Inventory Accounting functions for the sites
- Serve as business partner to support AWS initiatives and make recommendations concerning business operations and resource allocation to improve financial performance and support operational excellence
- Ensures integrity of all compliance, internal and external reporting and coordination with VC and Xylem financial organizations and in line with US-GAAP and Local-GAAP and local legal requirements.
- Ensure functional objectives, operating policies and procedures, and SOX compliance needs are met
- Drive continuous improvement in terms of cost of finance as well as performance level. Meet yearly budget/forecast goals in quantitative measures
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS/BA Accounting or Finance. MBA or relevant advanced degree highly preferred.
- 3+ years' relevant financial experience, with cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment, including general and operational accounting, cost accounting, and day-to-day operational support.
- Must have strong communication, organizational and analytical skills with strong proficiency in MS Office.
- Knowledge in US-GAAP
- Time management and organizational skills
- Planning and preparation
- Proactive basis communication
- Sense of urgency towards meeting deadlines and resolving open issues is key
- Minimal travel to each site is required
- This role is viewed as a key pipeline role and the successful candidate must have the interest and ability to relocate in the future.
- Candidate should be a self-starter and highly motivated. Motivation to grow within Xylem is a must.
- Strong ethical standards are expected.
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- CPA/CMA or working towards a certification
- Business Objects and/or similar database query skills
- One Stream
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 5%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.