POSITION DATA SPECIFICATION
Engineer – Design
Xylem Water Solutions, Baroda Plant
Manager, Engineering – AWS
Part 1. Describe the Position
POSITION SUMMARY (Summary of the scope of responsibilities)
To assist in managing and coordinating the functions, necessary to assure the transition of new products from the development phase to the production/performance phase and to assure contract compliance in the production of commodities.
Knowledge about rotating equipment & centrifugal pump, design aspects, application engineering.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES (Details of the Job Responsibilities)
- Perform & executing the design & engineering activities as per requirements specified by engineering department.
- Responsible for designing and developing a product/product family
- Tests finished product for quality purposes and recommends changes to product specifications as necessary
- Interfaces with RDE, VC, manufacturing engineering, testing and service dept to solve problems.
- Sustains products with cost reduction and design related yield improvements
- To Perform New product Engineering / Product sustaining engineering Design for Manufacturing, Value engineering (component selection, process efficiency, and design changes) BOM structuring and BOM risk Management
- Engineering activities :
- Keeping track ECN & upgrade
- Technical support to plant & sales
- Drawing preparation and release- GA, Manufacturing
- Preparation / release of BOM
- Responsible for maintaining clarity on technical matters
- Product training
- ISO maintenance
- ERP maintenance
ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES (Details of minimum requirements)
- Minimum Professional/educational qualification and experience:
- Graduate with minimum 3 years / Diploma in Mechanical engineering with minimum 5 years of Industrial experience.
- computer literacy
- 3 yrs with MNC exposure in Mechanical Industries with experience in the design, development, analysis of centrifugal pump & rotating machinery.
- Important competencies required
- Good written and communication skills in English.
- Innovative, ability to work in a team
- result oriented, self-motivated
- Can able to work as part of a cross-functional team in product development.
- Stamina and Adaptability
- Ability to handle multiple projects, high volume activity and establish priorities in a changing environment.
- pressure handling capacity
- Long hours of work.
- Required Knowledge
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures about mechanical design aspects, application engineering,
- Knowledge about Drawing & drafting software’s such as Creo , Pro –E , Auto CAD etc
- Knowledge about international engineering codes & standards.
- Product / component costing
Reviewed and Approved By and Date:Noted By and Date:
Department Head:H R Department: