1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The ACT Working Foreman is responsible for the installation and operation of Xylem equipment. The Working Foreman is a first line lead position that performs duties of a Field Operator but is also responsible for leading a work crew to meet assigned tasks/job to a specific job site/shift. The Working Foreman has first line responsibility for safety of assigned work crew and is available for emergency on-call off-hour assignments as necessary.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Work cooperatively with Regional Field Services Superintendent or designee, work crews, customer, engineers, sales, etc.
- Initiate site introductions with customer and Outside Sales personnel. Establish customer expectations and clarify customer support.
- Lead safe set-up/mobilization and tear-down/demobilization of pumping equipment as necessary.
- Communicate approved work schedules, overtime and other relevant company information as authorized by the Regional Field Services Superintendent or designee.
- Monitor quality of work and ensure crews comply with site requirements and safety regulations.
- Perform daily visual inspections of equipment and job site and document any equipment/issues in need of service or attention.
- Maintain regular and open communication with Regional Field Services Superintendent or designee.
- Maintain all field documentation such as work orders, rental-related documents, field service contracts, change orders, etc.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High school or general equivalency degree
- Five plus years of experience in the construction industry preferred
- Experience in leading work crews to perform work on construction and industrial jobsites
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Experience with flatbed trailers and proper load securement techniques (chaining, strapping, etc.)
- Prior experience operating heavy industrial equipment such as telehandlers, skid steers, air tuggers, etc.
- Prior experience fusing HDPE pipe ranging from 2 inch to 48 inch
- Demonstrated ability to lead crews effectively and safely to meet project timelines and customer expectations
- Ability to follow directions and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work flexible hours in order to respond to customer emergencies
- Ability to read, write legibly and communicate effective with co-workers, supervisors/managers and customers both verbally and in writing
- Ability to read blue prints or other layout and design documents
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to safely operate diesel powered hydraulic lifting equipment, i.e., forklifts, front-end loaders, towmotors, telehandlers, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to safely operate small and large diameter fusion machines
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to diagnose and repair simple mechanical issues
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Fusion machine certification required
- Department of Transportation Medical card preferred
- Forklift certification preferred
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Shop environment: intermittent exposure to all outdoor weather conditions; intermittent exposure to shop noise and fumes all within limits of OSHA standards
- Manufacturing environment: may be exposed to loud noises, changing temperatures, machinery with moving parts and various materials
- Extended hours as needed (weekends, overtime and on-call rotations)
- Travel as required to fulfill the duties listed above or as required by the Company
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.