Program Manager, Business Ideation
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Program Manager, Business Ideation reports to the Director of Strategy Planning & Analysis and will be responsible for creating the mechanism for idea generation. They will partner with our senior leadership Team across functions and business segments to assess current processes, identify improvement opportunities and develop long term transformational strategies and short term immediate change to support growth and objectives of the business. He or She will manage and drive key initiatives, ensure core planning processes and high priority projects are operating efficiently and effectively communicate key milestones are met ensuring critical issues, budget and staffing constraints are resolved.
Activities include overseeing action-item tracking and ensuring all parties consistently follow-through on deliverables. Develops and maintains KPIs, dashboards, and other tracking mechanisms to provide visibility to key stakeholders on large scale projects and initiatives. Manages and leads critical project meetings ensuring reviews meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders. An ideal candidate should be an experienced leader with the ability to think strategically, inspire innovation, influence and execute on a vision while managing the details. This position is based in Charlotte, NC or Morton Grove,
- Work with sponsors, business unit leaders and team members to develop the mechanism for identifying innovative ideas and building a pipeline of improvement projects
- Establish and manage governance structure brining ideas to approved projects; validates bottom line impact; ensures accountability for project delivery, including benefit realization, budgets, and milestones; enables the predictability of the outcomes of each initiative
- Utilize rigorous approach to problem solving and analytics, as well as produce, interpret, and draw conclusions from data
- Keep project teams on track relative to scope, schedule, and resources. Ensure execution of transformational projects which deliver cost, service, and/or process and efficiency improvements
- Provide leadership, expertise, and technical/operational guidance to stakeholders and field teams. Effectively work across multiple business areas and functional teams to drive results
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, as well as balance business needs versus constraints. Resolve conflicts in any aspect of project work and process changes
- Serve as a change agent by leveraging influential authority with employees and stakeholders to accelerate program deliverables across geographic and functional boundaries
- Utilize a combination of practical and intellectual skills, as well as ability to rapidly shift and adapt to different tasks that vary between complex analyses, hands-on projects, and project management.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- 8+ years’ experience in finance, project and/or business management
- BS in Business, Finance, or a related field. MBA Preferred
- Proven experience in formal business transformation roles
- Strong analytical and business judgment
- Strong project management, problem structuring, and strategic problem-solving skills and mentality working with others to find solutions to problems
- Ability to make difficult decisions, question and challenge status quo, and understand the big picture view across the company
- Solid understanding of key financial drivers and metrics (DIO, EBITDA, cash flow drivers, etc.)
- Strong situational leadership, proven experience and ability in influencing business leaders toward change, business alignment and improvement
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.