IT DevOps Operations Engineer
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The DevOps Operations Engineer is responsible for the configuration, maintenance, monitoring, tooling, and automation of the Web Application operational activities and the deployment of product updates to higher environments. They proactively identify production risks and take steps to mitigate them. They have a solid background in software engineering and good working knowledge of Cloud architecture, CI/CD, and scripting experience and works closely with the Network, Cybersecurity, and Directory services team to ensure the Web Application is architected and operated in compliance with all the organization policies and procedures.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Implement and manage continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) systems and methodologies
- Design and maintain tools to automate operational processes
- Assist with the creation of automation scripts and declarative templates for provisioning cloud resources, rolling out tools and new features
- Help with monitoring systems and providing support
- Work with extended teams to achieve business objectives
- Collaborate with engineering team members to detect and resolve infrastructure problems
- Perform ongoing routine DevOps maintenance tasks
- CI/CD & Automation of Build/Test/Deploy
- Infrastructure & Networking
- Incident Response/Site Reliability
- Configuration and Deployment
- Logging, Data Aggregation, and Traffic Monitoring
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent experience is required.
- 5 plus year web development or operations experience.
- 1 Year minimum cloud-based Web Application Operations, preferably using Azure.
- Experience working in Agile Scrum software development model.
- Must be team focused, excellent communicator and collaborative working with cross functional teams.
- Expertise in infrastructure deployment automation preferably using Terraform
- Terraform Coding
- Exposure to JIRA and Bitbucket tools
- Azure DevOps Deployment
- Release Management
- Firewall rules
- Vulnerability scan
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company. (Less than 10%)
- Standard for salaried employees with ability to manage some variation in work demands day to day and month to month.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Further, if the Company determines this role may be performed in or from Colorado, the salary range is $100,000 to $123,000, plus bonus. Final compensation will be dependent on various factors such as location, qualifications, certifications, relevant work experience and other factors, consistent with applicable law. We offer a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.