Sr. Director of Client Development, Xylem Vue Emerging Markets
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: This role will be critical in elevating and maximizing Xylem Vue’s capabilities ensuring sales of outcome-based digital solutions and holistic architectures across the spectrum of legacy Xylem products.
This role will lead the effort of driving holistic outcome-based digital solutions and architectures through innovative technologies, software platforms, and AI/ML data analytics to deliver operational efficiencies, financial resiliencies, and opex/capex improvements. In addition, increasing Xylem Vue’s recurring revenue growth model through new complex commercial structures.
As the Regional Director of the EM Vue Client Development team, you will lead the GTM strategy & daily sales efforts by motivating and coaching the team on strategic decisions to drive company and regional growth, and to recognize and react to market transitions through the development, recruiting, and mentoring of the team. This role will work together with the other Vue leadership roles across Marketing, Delivery, Engineering, and Practice teams to understand market trends, competition, technology innovations, and develop new market growth strategies. The position is also responsible for establishing a culture of internal cooperation with other Xylem brands, organizations, and Growth Centers, continued improvement and efficiency, customer focus, and managing, budgeting and reporting of metrics, targets and goals.
This position will be a key part of the Emerging Markets Leadership Team, striving to achieve overall company goals in terms of revenue and profitability, image, reputation, and customer service. The EM Vue leader will require strong leadership, communication and influence skills to effectively lead the sales team, manage key customer accounts, and also collaborate with peers and upper management across the Xylem organization.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage & maximize financial performance of the Emerging Markets region by growing the sales of the Vue digital solutions and expanding the scope of our client projects into holistic architectures and smart infrastructure solutions.
- Responsible for development and implementation of sales strategies, objectives, policies, and programs for our focused verticals to maximize growth and meet or exceed business targets (sales, margin and income).
- Develop complex commercial sales strategies focused on long term business and growth within the EM key accounts and regional geographies.
- Create bold visions and strategies for digital solutions, identifying forward-thinking opportunities and incorporate into Go-To-Market sales motions and KPI’s.
- Develop a bottoms up, market based financial understanding of assigned geography
- Coach and mentor the team across the Emerging Markets driving ownership, accountability and a culture of performance.
- Drive a data-based mindset & culture specific to sales plans, selling efforts, markets, and competitors to the extent that such data will be beneficial for managing and growing the regional sales goals.
- Partner & work closely with Vue Leadership for forecasting and financial reporting.
- Manage selling costs and travel expenses as well as approve budgets to operate within approved budgets for each fiscal quarter and year.
- Serve on and constructively participate in such committee activities as assigned by the VP of Sales.
- Guide personnel in building goodwill with present/prospective customers and assume the obligations of good citizenship him/herself and to participate in worthwhile community and national activities as may be required for sound public relations for the company.
- In conjunction with Vue Leadership, develop and help build capabilities through training programs to support the needs of the market verticals and domain knowledge requirements of the client development team.
- Represent Vue in all applicable trade organizations for the vertical segment. Identify any potential acquisition targets.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- S. in Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA considered a plus
- 15 years’ experience in sales and/or operations management with a focus in complex engineered industrial products & services
- Domain knowledge and experience in the water utilities markets
- Experience with consulting and selling of disruptive and innovative technologies, software platforms, and digital solutions.
- Solid presentation skills, technical capabilities
- Previous Leadership and Managerial experience
- Previous experience in the use of Salesforce.com or other CRM’s is required
- Financial exposure & management of P&L
- Good communication, organization skills , and computer literacy,
- Thorough knowledge of consultative/value based selling.
- Leadership Managerial Competencies
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Superior Oral & Written Communication
- Basic computer: Word, Excel (at least pivot table capability), PPT presentations
- Managerial, interpersonal, broad knowledge of vertical market (Utility, Industrial) industry, trade associations, codes/standards, presentation skills, and excellent technical capabilities.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Home Office
- Xylem Manufacturing Sites
- Channel Offices
- Construction Site Visits as Needed
- Field Trade Shows
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 50%
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel: 50%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.