Application Engineer O&M Lainate
Overview of Xylem
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
This role covers standard product selections (but also high technological content depending on the level of autonomy reached) through RFQ (Request For Quotations) received both from customers and from Sales Engineers of the Vertical Market (VM) Industry & OEM. Assembly of multi-product quotations, supporting the sales force in the negotiation phase.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Standard product selections/quotations
- Size products, even complex ones, processing variables and making adequate calculations in order to produce quotes Selling Price following Sales Strategy
- Project consolidation (multiGC offers)
- Tender Technical Specification, preparation: reads the technical specifications of industrial tenders and defines the products in relation to the best cost/benefit ratio
- Interfaces for complex projects with the product managers of the local Commercial Team
- Assists salespeople in the field for inspections and to present complex quotes to customers
- Use company software to perform sizing (technical selection / sizing), CRM (Salesforce.com), ERP (BPCS) and quotations and facilitate workflows
- He/she reports market trends to the VM Manager, as the main interface with the sales force
- He/she can report to the product managers of the local Commercial Team any technical variations and / or modifications that may become necessary for the preparation of offers
- He/she provides the Operations department with the inputs necessary for the definition of codes and the correct start of orders
- The Application Engineer is authorized to act on behalf of the company, according to the policy D 5.
The tasks assignation is not binding and the employee must execute any other task assigned to him by the manager to ensure the proper process execution.
- External: Clients
- Internal: Sales force/CE Dept./VM Org./PM dept./Sales Ops dept.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Technical High school diploma + 3 years experience minimum
- minimum 2 years proven experience in Inside Sales Engineer role, quotation department.
- Availability to travel 10% of the time
- ability to work in a matrix organization
- connecting dots amongst different functions
- adapting to fast-moving processes and dealing with priorities
- focus on standard and complex products and applications
- used to deliver high-quality proposals/outputs
- proactive attitude
- good interpersonal skills
- good knowledge of English
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.