Creo CAD modeler
Cad modeling- mechanical Engineer for Sustaining Engineering work
Overview of Xylem
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced infrastructure analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. The Company’s more than 16,500 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York with 2017 revenue of $4.9 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all – that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Overview of Growth Center, if applicable – example below:
India Technology Center (ITC) helps Growth centers of Xylem such as AWS, Transport, Treatment and Analytics in wide range of activities that includes New Product Development, Value Engineering, Sustain Engineering and Software development. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services.
Brief Description/Job Summary (this section is to be used for postings on social media outlets – examples below):
ITC Vadodara campus, seeks to hire a Cad modeling Mechanical Sustaining Engineer, in this position, the suitable candidate is responsible to Work with Engineers/Managers globally on Sustaining Engineering various task like CAD modeling & drawing detailing, mechanical design calculation, drawing modification and other daily support projects. The Engineer works from India technology Centre and has to coordinate with other Engineers & leaders to ensure timely completion of the task given by the Xylem global engineering centers.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Create 3D model from scanned geometry using Design X cad software.
- Create engineering drawings of 3D cad model
- Work with CFD team to modify relevant 3D model as per CFD requirement
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- (B.E (Mechanical) with 2 to 4 years’ experience in the vertical turbine product.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Creo, Solid work is must.
- Essential knowledge of scanning of components through FARO scanner
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance.
- Knowledge in pump design and development
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Co-ordination among Inter-company & Intra-Company people for product development, execution and installation.
- Able to work independently.
- Creativity (i.e. – ability to approach projects in non-traditional fashion).
- Should be ready to travel and also do short term stays of 1 week to 3 months, both within the country and also globally. However, in special project/bubble assignment, the travel span can go from 3 months to 1 year.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Effective communication in English is must.
Xylem offers you an exciting career in an international environment, with a global network of sales companies, suppliers and manufacturers. You will work actively with other departments, developing new technologies and products and managing existing ones, supporting our mission to become the world leader in providing cutting edge products / solutions that solve some of the most challenging needs in market place. We will focus on your personal development and prepare you on your present and future career path.