Procurement Project Manager – EMEIA
Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient and sustainable water technologies and our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges.
We are committed to social responsibility and corporate citizenship through our Xylem Watermark program, where colleagues volunteer their time and talent to provide and protect safe water resources for communities around the world, deliver disaster response, educate children, and raise global awareness about critical water issues. Innovation, diversity and inclusion are also key to our culture.
Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. We develop and provide technologies that improve the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
Procurement Project Manager M&CS – EMEIA, Stara Tura (Slovakia)
(Starting from € 3.000,-/(gross per month) based on relevant experience and skills of candidate)
Do you strive for excellence in all that you deliver?
As a Project Manager working in our Measurement & control solutions business unit you will be responsible for procurement processes and systems.
Working with the Global project management office and the process excellence team you will drive continuous improvement to ensure the successful execution of procurement project plans.
The Procurement Project Manager M&CS will work with the Process Excellence Team and Global PMO in XGP (Xylem Global Procurement).
As the project manager working in partnership with project owners and stakeholders on procurement initiatives from (validated) ideation through to realization. The scope of the projects will have a broad regional or global impact, and/or high spend/savings potential as well as risk mitigation.
You are responsible for the creation and continuous improvement of the Global project management office (PMO) that provides the oversight, tools and processes, cadence, metrics, KPI's, reports that indicate the health of projects, facilitation of project board, review meetings, capability building, and escalation processes of procurement projects to ensure efficient, effective, and successful execution of the project plan.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Project Management Office (PMO)
Develop the cadence for regular project reviews of procurement projects (Incl. selection of projects, templates, metrics, countermeasures etc.)
- Project Management Tool Set and Support (high level projects)
Utilize project management tools to manage project details. For high impact procurement projects assigned by the leadership team, lead the creation of the project plan with project owners for all phases of the project.
- Train and build capability of project management across the organization
Work in partnership with the CM or task owners to assist in the development of a project plan using professional tools and processes. Train the project owner in managing the project himself/herself through software tool use and "soft" tools in managing other stakeholders to their action items and commitments. Train XGP and project owners in effective project management skills and recommended training.
What do we ask from you?
- Education Level : Bachelors of Degree. Project management certification preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management techniques and tools;
- Direct work experience in project management capacity of 5+ years and experience in leading a procurement project management office/system.
- Experience managing projects related to procurement and demonstrated skills, tool usage, and senior management interface experience in presenting project plan updates in a concise manner.
- Familiarity/experience of category strategy, procurement, and sourcing process execution phases and gates. Supplier interface.
- Proficient in project management software and Microsoft Office products, especially excel;
- Good facilitation and analytical skills; excellent interpersonal skills, team building and conflict resolution experience.
- Knowledgeable in Gantt charting, six sigma techniques.
- Ability to summarize projects into executive presentations and inspire project owners to see project management as a critical methodology for their success in running projects.
Xylem: Your new Employer?
The world around us changes, we are facing new challenges regarding climate and environment. One moment we experience water as a nuisance, the next as scarcity.
We are Xylem. Above and below ground, we work on water technology. We keep your feet dry and your water clean and safe. We do this by means of pumps, products for water purification, sensors and measuring and control technology.