Vertical Market Mining Manager Latin America located in Mexico, Peru or Chile
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Accountable for developing and managing the growth of the mining business in Latin America, leading initiatives to increase customer engagement and gain market share in the region
- Support sales teams with the right strategy and tactics over the vertical market, special product selections, customized solutions and new product launches.
- Nurture prospective customers and drive them to qualified sales leads in order to grow funnel with sales opportunities across the region using the CRM system.
- Works closely with Product Specialist Team, the factories and sales teams to develop and pilot alternative business model and new products for the region.
- Champions the full Xylem portfolio, including new products, and train the sales force and customers on Xylem’s value proposition for all mining applications.
- Develop close relationship with specific strategic customers and ensure that they are visited supporting with an account plan from local Sales and Service teams.
- Drives the ideation and execution of new partnerships and alliances with customers, channel partners, distributors and other associations to drive sales outcomes
- Serve as a market expert, understanding the landscape of the market, the granularities of it, including the key players, competitors, and key factors for success.
- Develop a market map based on identification of under-served customer markets, monitoring of industry trends and high-growth, attractive market/technology drivers.
- Customer and market analysis
- Influence and persuasion
- Market strategy and planning
- Sales enablement
- Self-driven and results oriented
- Lead with integrity and teamwork
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Inspiring accountability
The Vertical Market Manager role is an individual contributor who has excellent networking skills and strong communication ability to work with internal and external stakeholders.
- External: customers, channel partners, distributors, associations, consultants, business partners.
- Internal: Field Marketing; Product Specialist team; Sales Manager; Managing directors, sales force, application engineers, service managers, finance.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Commercialization, or Engineering; MBA or equivalent graduate degree experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience in sales, or business development in mining sector, with 3+ years of experience in the areas mining water process
- Deep knowledge in the different mining processes, copper, gold, iron, and lithium among others
- CRM user
- Fluent in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word