Senior Design Engineer
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Senior Design Engineer
As a Senior Design Engineer you work together with the development team throughout the product life cycle. You will be involved and take ownership from idea to production. Your tasks involve design in Creo, verifying and putting the product into production.
You will be involved in new development projects where you, together with Technical Managers, Product Owners and Project Leader manage product development of Flygt submersible drainage pumps.
- Lead, execute and document engineering tasks, including calculations, according to given requirements and deadlines in projects as well as in sustaining work.
- Lead technical development within own area of expertise
- Update product information in technical databases
- Actively assist with technical support in product related issues
- Manage and investigate special order requests
- Order and supervise laboratory and field tests
- Mentor and coach others for engineering competence development
- Scanning and development of new technologies that can be applied to create value for customers and differentiate us to competition
- Engages the customer in development to capture stated and unspoken needs
- Reviews and approves complex engineering changes
- Lead work with and initiate continuous improvements within own area of expertise
- Master/Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent working experience
- At least 10 years’ experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer
- Technical knowledge in mechanical engineering and manufacturing processes
- Advantageous if you have a knowledge in power electronics and electronics
- Good skills in CAD (preferably Creo)
- Advantageous if you have previous experience in how to design for casting and bearing arrangements
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Inspiring accountability
- Committed and focused to perform assignments to given targets
- Quality minded
- Positive attitude
- Service minded
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
We look forward to receiving your application in English. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process if we find the right candidate.
We only accept applicants through careers.xyleminc.com.