Intern - Verification & Integration Engineer - Summer 2020
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, is seeking intern candidates with Computer/Electrical Engineering backgrounds to join our team. As a member of the Engineering Team, the incumbent will provide integration and verification support for the Sensus portfolio of water and gas metering products and systems. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast paced, fluid environment, while ensuring that project initiatives are met. If you are excited and passionate to work on state-of-the art technology trends, we want to hear from you!
- Interest in executing complex test plans for product and system verification
- The ability to setup, manage, and support various test environments
- Desire to participate in the development and execution of manual and automated test runs
- The ability to log detailed defects for various Engineering teams, including step-by-step instructions to recreate the problem
- The desire and ability to learn new tools, programming languages and testing techniques
- A strong sense of ownership and drive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer focus
- Currently attending an accredited University studying toward a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of test methodologies and statistical tools used to solve problems
- Willingness to work in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, orally with both local and remote sites
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards
- Demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams
- Some exposure to programming languages such as C#, Java, or C++
- Some exposure to scripting languages such as Python
- Experience in supporting end-user products or applications
- Knowledge of Oracle and SQL databases
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.