1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Xylem seeks to hire a Project Manager. The Project Manager will be responsible for complete ownership of the order management process with order entry, engineering, purchasing, and manufacturing. Communicates regularly with customers to understand expectations and provide order status. Ensures that quoted product meets specifications and lead-times are adhered to once scheduled. Resolves schedule conflicts immediately. Responsible for leading the team on large orders to improve targeted margins
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast-paced fluid environment, while ensuring that customer service and operations management protocols are maintained. If you are industrious, detail- and customer-oriented, we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Coordinate specification review, order acknowledgement, submittal, terms and conditions review, contract negotiation, order entry process, engineering, and purchasing activities as required. Ensure orders are proceeding through the assembly, coat and test, and packaging phase efficiently.
- Leverage all Xylem resources to meet the order goals.
- Regularly interact with sales offices, distributors, applications, order entry, engineering, purchasing, marketing, materials, customer service, and customers.
- Bring orders to cross functional kick-off and commit meetings for planning and scheduling.
- Compile required customer documents.
- Coordinate and attend witness test meetings and customer visits.
- Coordinate issuance of security instruments (i.e. letters of credit).
- Ensure proper QA and hydraulic reviews and incorporate into order.
- Manage contract schedule, including customer status reports.
- Chair regular project meetings monitor and report on status of assigned orders and margin review.
- Facilitate contractual performance problems and escalate issues.
- Notify for witness and hold points and follow up on test approvals with sales and the customer.
- Initiate progress billings and assist in resolution of payment issues on all billings.
- Obtain shipping release and / or shipping instructions, work with export and shipping for any special shipping instructions that may be required.
- Focus on continuous improvement and generate ideas and processes for area improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- B.S. in Engineering, Business, or technical required or equivalent.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in project management, engineering, production planning, and customer service.
- Problem solving skills and strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong short-term project management skills required.
- Ability to work with ambiguity.
- Ability to take a leadership role in group meetings and projects.
- Formal project management training preferred (i.e. Project Management Institute)
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees and/or customers daily.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Safety protocols and PPE to be closely observed.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours with extended hours as required to meet customer requirements.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.