1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Manufacturing Engineer to develop processes, methods, labor standards and implement productivity improvements in key production areas. Knowledge in classical ME functions, 5S and Lean Manufacturing required. Experience in manufacturing assembly preferred. The position will be located at the DuBois, PA facility.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Analyze drawings, specifications, and customer requirements, establish processes, equipment, and tooling requirements.
- Develop and optimize lean production cells and overall plant layout.
- Develop and optimize work center/routings for manufactured products.
- Maintain all existing and new plant documentation, manuals, drawings, job instructions, and related equipment/process archives.
- Apply sound engineering principles; perform complex mathematical and engineering calculations to machine/process design or other technical challenges.
- Evaluate product costing and identify/implement productivity improvements.
- Analyze existing equipment and provide recommendations for capital improvements.
- Project management from inception to closure to include design, scheduling, cost estimating & budgeting, procurement, contracts, construction, commissioning, job instructions and project closure.
- Facilitate Continuous Improvement initiatives to reduce waste, improve quality, productivity and safety.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent.
- Previous experience as a Manufacturing Engineer, Plant Engineer or Mechanical Engineer in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Prior experience developing and managing projects in a manufacturing setting is preferred.
- Knowledge and training in 5S, Lean/Six Sigma preferred.
- Prior experience with automated assembly manufacturing processes preferred.
- Previous experience and training with AutoCad or other design software is required.
- Ability to work in a team environment with production, quality, engineering, and other departments to support manufacturing, quality and on-time delivery.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization both written and oral.
- Strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Some travel required.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office/Mfg Plant: 50/50.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law