Global Employee Communication Manager
Xylem is a global water technology company with over 17.000 employees, dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
We are seeking a highly strategic employee communications professional with a passion for our most important asset – our people. The Senior Manager, HR, DE&I and Social Impact Communications will lead internal communications and engagement efforts for Xylem’s global HR, DE&I and Social Impact teams. This role is global in scope and sits In Xylem’s Global Strategy & External Affairs organization as part of an integrated Communications & Public Affairs team, reporting to the VP, Employee Engagement Communications. You will work closely with the Chief People and Sustainability Officer and her team, along with other key stakeholders like our global communications team and DE&I Council.
- Develop and lead a comprehensive HR, DE&I and Social Impact internal communications strategy, plan, and tactics that drive employee awareness, engagement and activation in support of our enterprise HR, DE&I and Sustainability agenda and goals. Identify clear communications goals and results that can be tracked and measured.
- Act as trusted communications advisor and thought partner to Chief People and Sustainability Officer, HR leadership team, DE&I Council and other key stakeholders.
- Lead communications strategy and planning for enterprise programs, initiatives and campaigns related to talent acquisition and development, total rewards, employee wellbeing, future of work, diversity, equity and inclusion, and social impact/sustainability – including corporate citizenship program Watermark and global youth outreach program Xylem Ignite.
- Equip people leaders to discuss HR, DEI and Social Impact topics with their teams and drive awareness, understanding, action and advocacy.
- Maintain calendar of communications, events and activities to ensure right cadence and timing
- Partner with communications colleagues to amplify key HR, DE&I and social impact programs, campaigns and messaging throughout the company
- Ensure that HR, DE&I and Social Impact communications plan, content and tactics align with overall enterprise communications and reinforce the company’s business objectives, mission and culture
- Provide insights into effectiveness of communications and advise on improvements and changes to strategies and tactics
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, HR or another field relevant to the job responsibilities (Additional related experience may substitute for required education).
- 10 years of relevant work experience with a minimum of 5 years of writing and editing experience (preferred experience: multinational company in corporate HR & DEI communications, any additional background in HR and DE&I)
- Equally skilled at strategic thinking and tactical execution. Proven track record of developing and implementing successful internal communications & change management practices at a global company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ranging from distilling complex topics and translating them to clear, short, attention-grabbing messages for audiences with various levels of understanding, to creating purposeful calls to action, drafting executive talk points and more
- Clear demonstration of cultural fluency; understanding of cultural issues that most impact colleagues and ability to translate into communications strategy
- Ability to prioritize shifting workloads, manage multiple tasks with concurrent deadlines and work independently with minimal direction in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills, professional presence conducive to working with executives
- Skilled at navigating complex issues, leading through influence and building relationships.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and resourceful in gathering information from across the organization.
- Takes initiative to bring forward new ideas to deliver creative programs and improve processes.
- Knowledge of HR programs and practices Understanding of diversity and inclusion issues globally and how they resonate in local markets.
- Outstanding oral and written communications and presentation skills in English are essential plus and 2^ European Language
- Communications skills in other languages (such as Swedish, German, Italian, French) are considered a plus
Contract: full-time, permanent
Location: hybrid or full remote
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
We are looking forward to your application!
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.