Global Lifecycle Services Business Automation Leader
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: Xylem is seeking a Business Automation Manager who is passionate about using technology and providing critical design, support, and management of key internal business applications that are focused in our Global Lifecycle Services business. The energetic, process oriented, self-motivated Business Automation Manager thrives on working across multiple teams and using technology to solve complex business problems.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Catalogue and understand existing business automation tools across the regions used for commercial and fulfillment needs as it relates to Xylem’s services business
- Uncover areas where business automation tools don’t exist but would benefit the business and develop business cases for solutions.
- Prioritize global and regional needs for business automation tools that align with the Lifecycle Services strategy
- Develop business automation tool strategy to drive consistency and repeatability across regions and business segments.
- Work closely with the business teams, functional stakeholders (CI, IT, Finance, etc.), software vendors and integrators, etc. to educate teams, determine implementation options and prioritize execution/installation of automation tools.
- In understanding and implementing automation tools, ensure they fit with ERP and existing tools for usability to the extent possible.
- Support executive management data analytics requests
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts peers in management to share information and improve cross-departmental financial processes
- Works with business teams to gather Voice of the Customer input from internal & external customers and internal subject matter expert (SME) input to identify and gather business and system requirements
- Stays abreast of industry leading best practices and brings them to the attention of the leadership team for innovative application. Develops and leverages partnerships (and relationships) with internal and external stakeholders to meet business needs.
- Regularly presents project status and results and champions cross functional and team communications across multiple levels of the organization
- Document and develop business automation processes to optimize process efficiency
- Develop and deploy key business metrics dashboards and reporting
- Partner & develop a network of local subject matter experts to execute the local roll out
- Identify & leverage local best practices
- Strengthen the local capabilities on business automation tools
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field of study or Business Information Systems
- 5-10 years relevant work experience in a technology and/or business environment
- Knowledge of business intelligence systems (Tableau, Cognos preferred)
- Knowledge of automation tools including ServiceMax, Entytle or other installed base management tool, Power BI, Salesforce.com,
- Awareness of best practice sharing tools
- Understanding of business processes and related software applications (MRP, ERP, CRM systems)
- Self-motivated and directed
- Strong communication and analytics skills
- Process oriented and data driven
- Project Management experience is a plus
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- General office-based tasks, including participation in virtual and in-person meetings, and the ability to travel ~25%
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- This role requires the ability and willingness to participate in calls across time zones (Asia, Europe, the Americas)
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.