Collection Team Leader
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
The Collections Team Leader plays an important role in supporting business growth across Xylem Europe. In this role you will lead the activities with our customer collection processes across the region. Timely feedback to other departments and sales team is critical for this position. This role reports to Manager, Credit & Collections and provides support to the finance teams and other key stakeholders for the units assigned.
This role requires an enthusiastic and highly motivated professional capable of working in a fast paced environment while collaborating with various business stakeholders in administering the day-to-day operation of Xylem’s Global Finance program.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- People Manager for the collections team
- Lead the work to reduce the Account receivable position and achieve the AR KPI`s according to the Group targets
- Set collections targets for the team and assign customer portfolios to each team members
- Close follow up on the day to day collections activities
- Create a real Cash culture within the Sales organization, keeping the financial objectives
- Apply the Group Credit Policy and support the standardization of financial processes across the company
- Guide and support the team when it comes to collections activities and implementation of action plans
- Lead the work with Pre-litigation management and litigation process
- Work as a primary regional point of contact for collections & dispute management for local business unit leader and service provider and partner with other O2C functions (i.e. cash applications, and customer master data) and or local business units leaders (i.e. customer service, order management and or sales) and or with customer as needed to resolve issues
- Assist with collections trending and analysis to leadership supporting recommendations for leadership for on-going collection strategies and tactical operations with the service provided
- Support audit requests and month end close activities as needed
- Support Manager, Credit & Collections in problem solving and fact finding analysis
- Gather feedback from relevant stakeholders and make recommendations for technological and process improvement
- Other tasks, duties and responsibilities as assigned (i.e. back-up other team members as needed, etc.)
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field, plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a Corporate Finance environment
- Previous experience working with Order-to-Cash is required
- Previous experience of people management is required
- Expertise in customer financial statement analysis, trade reports and credit reference processing preferred
- Prior experience and knowledge of regional & global credit bureaus (i.e. Dunn & Bradstreet, Soliditte, Equifax, etc.) is preferred
- Fluent level of English, additional language skills preferred
- An understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures in the specific countries in the region
- Experience in a Regional and or Global environment
- Demonstrate both the ability and motivation to work collaboratively in a team environment, across regions and functions, as well as working independently with minimal oversight.
- Self-starter who can prioritize tasks and manage deadlines, navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Excellent analytical skills demonstrating an ability to identify root cause, generating and evaluating alternatives, and implementing solutions.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Drive process efficiency and work/ life balance through continuous improvement, ensuring the business maximizes shareholder value
- Assess current talent and determine staffing levels and strategic plans for talent development and succession planning, including establishing clear objectives, communicating specific performance feedback, and giving timely and thorough performance reviews (CPG)
- Lead the Collections team, assess and provide feedback to fully develop high-performing team.
- Manage daily “personal admin” demands (presence sheet, vacations, business trips, expense reports…)
Please note we are looking at a start date of August 2021
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.