Cleaning Tank Operator
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Smith-Blair, a Xylem Brand, seeks to hire a Cleaning Tank Operator/Tester to operate mild and stainless steel cleaning tank processes, blast machine, vibratory deburr machine and test tapping sleeves as required.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Must be able to interpret instructions from route sheets and verbal communications, operates both mild and stainless steel cleaning tank processes (sometimes simultaneously), operates the stainless steel blast machine, operates the vibratory deburr machine and pressure test tapping sleeves as required.
- Must be a team playerthat exhibits excellent communication/interpersonal skills; motivated to work in a highly participative environment and understand and believe in the Lean Manufacturing Principles (5’s, single piece flow, KanBan, etc.).
- Mixes and maintains cleaning tank solutions to proper strength.
- Cleans tanks and recharge as necessary.
- Run titration tests as needed to maintain chemical strength and log information in to titration notebook.
- Loads and unloads baskets of parts prior to and after cleaning in solutions.
- Operates air hoist to move part baskets to required tanks.
- Load, unload and operate stainless steel blast machine.
- Operate electric pallet jack to move material within the cleaning tank and testing area.
- Load, unload and operate vibratory deburr machine.
- Pressure test Tapping Sleeve products.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED required.
- Manufacturing/production experience desired but not required.
- Forklift operation experience desired but not required.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Moderate lifting (11-35 lbs.), moderate lifting/pushing (11-35 lbs.)
- Regularly required to stand, reach, bend and move/walk throughout the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see co-workers and managers on a daily basis
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Large industrial facility
- Manufacturing/production work areas and equipment related to: product assembly and assembly lines, metal forming and metal fabrication, welding/grinding, product finishing/painting, product transport/material handling, etc.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Overtime is not standard but can be frequent based on seasonal workload
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.