Could you help us solve water?
Xylem is the leading technology provider in the water industry with the vision of solving world's most critical water challenges. We are committed to bringing out the best in our people through ongoing training and development, and a safety culture.
If you are passionate about sales, possess excellent mechanical aptitude and a commitment to outstanding customer service, we may have an exciting sales opportunity for you in an External Sales role based at our Eastern Creek or Orange branch.
You will be keen to promote Xylem and its portfolio of products as the company of choice for all things-water related across a number of markets however your primary focus will be within the Mining industry across the Inner West & Illawarra NSW regions.
Your new role
- Undertakes sales visits to customers in accordance with the sales plan
- Provides advice/support to customers on a range of Xylem products, attempting to match customer needs with engineered solutions
- Promotes service, spare parts rental and contract functions
- Analyses sources of tender information and future construction projects and follows up on leads
- Prepares sales orders, reports and paperwork to satisfy branch and customer requirements.
- Ensures all pricing policies are followed, and ensures compliance with Xylem Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance policies and procedures
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a technical sales role in solution selling
- Experience within the mining/industrial industry (highly desirable)
- Ability to utilise (CRM) salesforce.com as a value-add sales tool
- Current driver's license
- Ability to travel throughout the Sydney and Orange region
- Excellent problem solving abilities with a customer focus
- Time management and organisational skills
- Pump / Water industry experience (preferable however not essential)
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work with a global,industry leader
- Generous salary package, bonus + ongoing employee perks
- Relevant tools of trade to allow you to perform at your absolute best
- Join a close knit, passionate team
- Career advancement opportunities
- Opportunity to make a difference and become part of Xylems volunteer program “Watermark”
If you meet the criteria above and are keen to join us on our journey to solve water, apply now!