Sr. Integrations Developer
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Senior Integration Developer will serve as a technical subject matter expert with work covering integrations, applications, and related technologies under the ERP Department – Integration Services. He/She will work with the team responsible for supporting the Xylem Integrations Platform (XIP), including developing, designing, and troubleshooting integrations, monitoring critical events and maintaining technical documentation. Remote work allowed.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Build, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain integrations built in IBM Integration Bus / App Connect, IBM MQ, IBM DataPower and Neuron ESB;
- Design, develop, implement, administer and provide support for integrations;
- Provide detailed solution design and implementation plan for integrations following Xylem’s integration framework or as laid out by integration architects;
- Work closely with application teams in designing new integrations according to project requirements and in keeping with Xylem’s integration principles and standards; and
- Perform change management according to prescribed company processes, including migrating changes through testing environments and into the production environment
- May serve as project lead in small to medium integration projects
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, related field, or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 5 years work experience designing and building integrations with a thorough understanding of SOA;
- Extensive experience of troubleshooting integrations when errors occur and the ability to calmly troubleshoot in high pressure situations, and effectively command control of crisis situations;
- Extensive knowledge in reading and understanding XML and performing mapping in XSLT;
- Fluent in English both spoken and written
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving skills;
- Self-motivated, able to set priorities and translate specific goals into action and follow through to achieve goals and execute projects with minimal oversight;
- Collaborative and effective team player and able to work with teams who are globally dispersed;
- Extensive knowledge in developing and supporting integrations built with IBM Integration Bus / ACE and IBM MQ;
- Experience or knowledge in developing in IBM DataPower and Neuron ESB.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to move about in an office environment.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- May require travel to project sites.
- Work may require lifting up to 35 lbs.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required in certain situations.
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise
- Shop: In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to factory/shop and machinery.
- Travel: Approximately 10% or less.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $95,000 to $125,000 plus bonus. At Xylem, it is not typical for an individual to start at the top end of the range for the role however compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. We offer a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.