1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Xylem seeks to hire a Design Engineer for the Xylem-AWS-Lubbock, Texas facility. The Design Engineer will provide engineering assistance to both internal and external customers, and supports planning, organizing, and preparation of the sales support and production drawings and manufacturing bills of material. Provides motivation and guidance to involved personnel in the production of engineered-to-order projects and supports continuous improvement in all endeavors.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast-paced fluid environment, while ensuring that engineering and data management protocols are maintained. If you are industrious, detail- and customer-oriented, we want to hear from you!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Work within the design engineering team and engage in all facets of engineering necessary to meet customer's production needs including submittal technical review, drawing and calculation package creation, bill of material generation, and testing support.
- Work closely with other departments within the organization to collaborate on all aspects of engineered orders.
- Support manufacturing by resolving engineering related problems in an expeditious manner in order to minimize disruptions to daily operations.
- Prepare layouts, assembly, and detail drawings for new and improved products.
- Analyze various design requirements and recommend possible solutions or alternate construction.
- Create/modify Bills of Materials.
- Verify integrity of design using applicable engineering analyses and calculations.
- Support job specific submittal document creation.
- Other duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
(Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.)
- B.S. in Engineering discipline, problem solving skills and strong written and verbal communication skills required
- BS in Mechanical Engineering with strong fluids/machinery/CAD background preferred.
- Develop and maintain a safe and well organized workplace, and ensure that all Best Practices and safety initiatives are followed.
- Provides product design input and recommendations to engineering for performance and production improvements.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of mechanical engineering technology.
- Shall possess an aptitude for good analytical skills and the ability to organize and implement engineering tasks.
- Should have the ability to interface well with others and to direct, and take direction from others, as required.
- Must be knowledgeable in MS Office applications
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Safety protocols and PPE to be closely observed.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours with extended hours as required to meet customer requirements
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.