Financial/Business Process Analyst
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Global Business Services (GBS) Financial Analyst (Invoice-to-Pay) plays an important role in promoting and maintaining adherence to Xylem’s Global Finance common technology platforms and best practice business process standards. This role reports to the Global Process Owner for Invoice to Pay (GPO I2P) and provides business partnership supports to the finance teams and other key stakeholders for the units assigned.
The role requires an enthusiastic and highly motivated professional capable of working in a fast paced environment while collaborating with various business stakeholders in administering the day-to-day operation of Xylem’s Global Finance program.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Work as a primary regional point of contact for local business unit leaders and service provider for Invoice to Pay (I2P) processing
- Provide functional support and training to various end-users as it relates to invoice processing and payment
- Serve as interface with Service Providers (SP) for escalation and problem resolution pertaining to Purchase Orders, Goods/Services Receiving and Invoicing to ensure timely and accurate supplier payment
- Support I2P Global Process Owner (GPO) in problem solving and fact finding analysis
- Serve as central request point for guidance and assistance regarding supplier additions or updates to the Vendor Data Master
- Partner closely with Master Data Management (MDM) team, business units, and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) provider concerning master data.
- Conduct user acceptance testing for system upgrades and changes
- Support audit requests and month end close activities as needed
- Serve as change agent by translating feedback from key stakeholders into process improvement recommendations
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business
- 3-5 years of experience working with I2P and/or Travel & Expense processes and technologies is required; experience supporting a global Procure-to-Pay process preferred.
- Demonstrate both the ability and motivation to work collaboratively in a team environment, across regions and functions, as well as working independently with minimal oversight
- Self-starter who can prioritize tasks and manage deadlines, navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Excellent analytical skills demonstrating an ability to identify root cause, generating and evaluating alternatives, and implementing solutions
- Familiarity with local and regional regulatory/compliance requirements a plus
- Strong, professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Experience with Invoicing systems (GEP Smart, Catalyst, Ariba, Coupa, etc.) ERP systems (ERPLX, BPCS, Oracle) and T&E software (Concur) a plus
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required in certain situations.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Shop: In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to factory/shop and machinery.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.