Intern - Project Coordinator - Summer 2021
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Project Coordinator Intern will execute on the tasks related to the coordination and oversight of site projects to ensure timely and effective project development and delivery.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Coordinate program or project planning and implementation, including assessing needs, setting goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with suppliers and internal customers; seek out new opportunities for savings and cost reduction.
- Update and maintain MRP/ERP database with correct information for all parts under consideration and sort usage data.
- Assist with managing the on-boarding of site projects and ensure that they are successfully launched.
- Assist with establishing project work plan and calendar or schedules; monitors, reviews, and evaluate progress.
- Coordinate and attend meetings; establish and maintain internal and external contacts as necessary.
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the project team
- Communicate with internal departments to monitor and manage the completion of tasks/deliverables
- Serves as liaison for department; coordinates activities and exchanges
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Currently enrolled in college/university junior or senior-level coursework in Business, Supply Chain or Finance.
- Strong customer service skills
- Good collaborative and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and task management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work with diverse workforce and customer base
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Salesforce.com Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Configure Price Quote (CPQ), and/or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Shop: Rotating equipment with water and electrical components in use.
- Safety protocols and PPE to be closely observed.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours with extended hours as required to meet customer requirements
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.