Sr. Manager, Dev Ops Engineering
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient and sustainable water technologies and our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges.
We are committed to social responsibility and corporate citizenship through our Xylem Watermark program, where colleagues volunteer their time and talent to provide and protect safe water resources for communities around the world, deliver disaster response, educate children, and raise global awareness about critical water issues. Innovation, diversity and inclusion are also key to our culture.
Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. We develop and provide technologies that improve the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem Brand, seeks to hire a Sr. Manager, Dev Ops. We’re looking for someone with a passion for leading an ops team dedicated to improving automation, monitoring and continuous delivery in a cloud based environment. You should enjoy working with bleeding-edge technology and not be afraid to take a different approach to solving technical problems, and be able to change directions quickly as the business environment moves.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Network Security experience (Firewalls, SSH, PGP, encryption, etc).
- Production experience supporting noSQL databases (MongoDB, CouchDB or Cassandra)
- Experience supporting SQL database
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science in Network Management, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience leading an ops or devops teams
- Strategic planning and project management of virtualized environments
- 3-5 years building and maintaining a cloud based environment in AWS
- 3-5 years’ experience with hypervisor technologies such as VM Ware or OpenstackWorking with deploying a database cloud cluster technology
- Experience supporting Java applications and containers in a production environment
- 5+ years of hands-on primary support of production Unix or Linux environments of 50 or more virtual or physical servers.
- 3-5 years’ experience with build/deployment tools and related artifacts for continuous delivery (Jenkins, Jira, Git)
- 3-5 years’ experience with an automation and orchestration platform (Salt, Ansible, etc)
- Proficient in writing shell scripts for production support
- Experience writing system and application checks for monitoring/trending solutions (Zabbix/Nagios/Graphite/Kibana)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.