1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
The Role: Multi-Site Manufacturer Controller for Applied Water with ownership of the financial statements for Auburn, NY, Buffalo, NY, Guelph, Canada and Lubbock, TX facilities. The Controller is responsible for leading the sites in financial reporting and compliance aspects as well as serving as a business partner. Position is a key contributor to Applied Water success, this includes implementation and direction of financial controls, adherence to accounting policies and practices, leading audit process, early identification of cost variances and for recommendation and implementation of plans to reduce or eliminate waste as well as regular monitoring of the health of the company
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Direct the accounting functions including general accounting, cost accounting, A/P, and AR dispute administration
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly, and yearly closing activities in strict adherence to close schedule
- Contract reviews and ASC 606 revenue recognition compliance/testing
- Work directly with Shared Services Record to Report team to ensure all journal entries are correctly recorded
- Serve as business partner to support AWS initiatives and make recommendations concerning business operations and resource allocation to improve financial performance and support operational excellence
- Ensures integrity of all compliance, internal and external reporting and coordination with Growth Center (GC) and Xylem financial organizations and in line with US-GAAP and Local-GAAP and local legal requirements. Drives Sarbanes-Oxley planning, coordination, site reviews and testing while working in conjunction with Xylem Internal Audit, internal auditors and external auditors
- Assess current talent and determine staffing levels and strategic plans for talent development and succession planning
- Develops and/or administers functional objectives, operating policies and procedures, and SOX compliance
- Provides leadership and motivation by establishing clear objectives, communicating specific performance feedback, and giving timely and thorough performance reviews
- Drive continuous improvement in terms of cost of finance as well as performance level. Meet yearly budget/forecast goals in quantitative measures
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 10+ years of experience including 8-10 years in a Plant Controller/strong Cost Accounting Manager role in a plant environment
- Expert US GAAP technical accounting
- Strong supervisory experience (4-5 reports including Manager, Cost Accountants, Sr. Accountant)
- Standard Cost accounting in manufacturing environment
- Deep understanding of manufacturing, not only accounting and finance but operations as well
- CPA Preferred
- Experience in Oracle, Hyperion, One Stream, Blackline software
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.