1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Application / Proposal Engineer (AWS)……….. (Designation and brief about role)
Application / Proposal / Tendering Engineers are the primary technical resource for the front end team. They are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the bid process. Working in collaboration with the front end team as the key technical advisor and product advocate, the Application Engineer must be able to identify and provide reliable solutions for all technical aspects to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. The Application Engineer must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle internally & externally for smooth execution of bid. An application engineer assist in managing and coordinating the functions, necessary to assure the transition of offered products from the enquiry/development phase to the production/performance phase and to assure contract compliance in the production of product.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
(Describe benchmark key responsibilities in concise, comprehensive statements.) (Bullets)
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge and application.
- Facilitate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Provide design and specification development support to consultants, integrators, and distributors.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of Design inputs and purchase requisitions.
- Provide product pricing to front end team based on the design inputs.
- Listen, understand and convey customer requirements.
- Perform technical/ product training for sales people, estimators, and engineers at targeted accounts.
- Assist in the design and development of new products and tools necessary to make target accounts comfortable and successful at selling products & solutions.
- Maintain accurate records of target accounts, opportunities, quotes, projects, contacts and correspondence in company approved databases.
- Travel to project sites to preform start-up, integration, and training services if necessary.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
(Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.) (Bullets)
- Graduate in mechanical engineering with 4-5 years Industrial experience.
- Computer literacy.
- Minimum 2 years with MNC exposure in Mechanical Industries with experience in the application engineering, design, development, analysis of centrifugal pump & rotating machinery.
- Read mechanical and electrical blueprints and have a solid understanding of basic electrical and mechanical control systems
- As per Business Needs
- Resolve customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives.
- Maintain professional business relationships within target accounts.
- Provide status of ongoing projects and future projects.
- Identify customer's needs and sales opportunities to help future growth
- Extending support for installation, testing and commissioning of system as applicable.
(Additional preferences for a specific position.)(Bullets)
- B.E Mechanical or B.E Electrical.
- Important competencies required
- Good written and communication skills in English.
- Innovative, ability to work in a team
- Result oriented, self-motivated
- Stamina and Adaptability
- Ability to handle multiple projects, high volume activity and establish priorities in a changing environment.
- pressure handling capacity
- Long hours of work as required.
- Willing to travel and work from Client site when required.
- Required Knowledge
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures about mechanical design aspects, application engineering, pump selection software’s.
- Knowledge about Drawing & drafting software’s such as Auto CAD etc. shall be an added advantage.
- Knowledge about international engineering codes & standards.
- Product / component costing.
- Competitor benchmarking.