Global Line Product Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Global Product Line Manager for Vertical Turbine Pumps. This position will be responsible for ensuring the growth of all turbine products globally. The successful candidate will work with the Global/Regional and Sales Managers to achieve maximum market penetration and sales of turbine products. This position requires comprehensive understanding of all vertical turbine markets globally.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop a Global Product Strategy annually including defining revenue growth goals, CAGR, etc. driven by NPD, VOD, Channel Improvements, Cost reductions, etc.
- Work with TM’s & RM to increase Sales & Market Share for vertical turbine products globally. Recommend new selling channels where and when necessary to drive growth.
- Systematically review regional opportunities and review with AWS Global Sales leadership.
- Drive standard margin improvements through cost reduction projects, product enhancements, and/or price control and improvements.
- Provide trade show support and trade ad direction.
- Provide training on product updates, overview, and product value proposition to customers, channel partners, and employees.
- Application Assistance and Attend Start-up’s when required.
- Travel with Territory Manager and Distributor Personnel to Train and help grow Product Sales.
- Assist Marketing in defining new Markets and Product Opportunities.
- Make prospecting calls on OEM’s and Potential Distribution in each territory. Once prospect becomes a lead, TM &/or RM need to help qualify that lead.
- Develop Individualized Marketing Strategies with Distribution.
- Keep Management advised of competitors’ activities.
- Ensure global product brand management.
- Oversee product development introductions. Ensure performance to planned timelines and budgets.
- Develop sales forecast and demand management for plan year.
- Develop product pricing including price lists and strategy.
- Participate in vendor qualification process, as necessary.
- Define targets for product quality, product lead times, and warranty response.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or technical required or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years rotating equipment related experience.
- Minimum of five years of applicable work experience, including an emphasis on marketing / sales, engineering, or previous supervisory experience.
- Must have knowledge of hydraulics and electronics, mechanics and construction, common metallurgical uses.
- Strong math and engineering skills required.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Medium lifting (10-25 lbs.), office environment.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees and/or customers on a daily basis.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Safety protocols and PPE to be closely observed.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours with extended hours as required to meet customer requirements
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.