Business Development Admin
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots.
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative, and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved, and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration, and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Xylem is seeking to hire a Business Development Administrator to support all aspects of the business development lifecycle from opportunity identification through proposal development by supporting specific pursuits and maintaining the infrastructure. These responsibilities include a significant amount of coordination, collaboration, and time management in a dynamic team environment.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Conduct daily and weekly monitoring of business opportunities according to a define methodology, taking responsibility for data integrity and continuously improving efficiency and comprehensiveness
- Support the BD team to ensure that the CRM database and pipeline of opportunities are reviewed regularly, and that new information and notifications are updated in CRM
- Monitor potential opportunities, update go/no-go reporting and ongoing project status
- Support routine and ad-hoc BD reporting and meetings
- Coordinate CRM database administration and change requests with IT; enact changes and data uploads; support end-user training
- Act as coordinator on specific opportunities, supporting the designated BD manager during pre- and post-proposal phases to:
- Compile and/or conduct assessment data or desk research, collect preliminary documentation, support recruitment, and other pre-proposal preparatory activities
- Prepare proposal calendars and help monitor progress in meeting deadlines
- Support analysis of solicitation requirements and creation of compliance matrices to ensure proposals meet all requirements and scope defined by clients
- Serve as point of contact for subcontractors and teammates, including preparing and compiling data calls and other materials
- Support writing of proposal sections, including staffing, past performance, and other supporting documentation; perform quality-control editing and proofreading
- Help maintain proposal content library so that documentation and learnings are captured for future use
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Diploma or GED and up to 2 years of related experience in marketing/sales/proposals, or some combination of relevant education and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Salesforce
- A persistent, positive attitude to problem-solving and proactive approach to tasks
- Function well in a fast-paced, informal, team-focused environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high
- Detail-orientation with superb organizational skills and strong follow-through
- Great ability to prioritize and manage schedules
- Exposure to Water and/or Wastewater industry preferred but not required
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements (Due to COVID remote at this time)
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.