Engineer/ Sr. Engineer
Engineer/ Sr. Engineer (Mechanical) for ITC
Overview of Xylem
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced infrastructure analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. The Company’s more than 16,500 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York with 2017 revenue of $4.9 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all – that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Overview of Growth Center, if applicable – example below:
India Technology Center (ITC) helps Growth centers of Xylem such as AWS, Transport, Dewatering, Treatment and Analytics and also to in wide range of activities that include Product & Application support, New Product Development, Value Engineering, Sustain Engineering and Software development. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services.
Brief Description/Job Summary (this section is to be used for postings on social media outlets – examples below):
ITC Vadodara campus, seeks to hire an Engineer/ Sr. Engineer, in this position, the suitable candidate is responsible to work globally for various tasks like Product application & commercial support, Mechanical design calculation & product selection and other daily engineering task supports. Engineer/ Sr. Engineer have to work from India technology Centre and have to coordinate with Global Engineers & leaders to ensure timely completion of the task given by the Xylem global engineering centers.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Application knowledge on Centrifugal pump, valves and control equipment.
- Read and interpret customer technical specifications.
- Make necessary engineering calculations to support product selection/recommendation.
- Provide support on Tendering and proposal engineering.
- Prepare quotations and technical submittals and update related project logs.
- Pricing of various pump products & repair parts.
- Responsible for application specific engineering support.
- Preparation and modification of BOM and Part lists in ERP system.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years overall experience in pump industry with technical / Applications Engineering department.
- Excellent communication, Problem-solving, stakeholder relationship management and analytical & negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Work independently with minimum guidance.
- Ensures client specifications are met and deliverables are issued in a timely manner.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Creo or 3D CAD modelling software.
- Experience in working with ERP system for BOM creation and editing.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances & understanding of complex system drawings
- Co-ordination between Inter-company & Intra-Company people for execution and installation.
- Should be ready to travel and also do short term stays of 1 week to 3 months, both within the country and also globally. However, in special project/bubble assignment, the travel span can go from 3 months to 1 year.
Xylem offers you an exciting career in an international environment, with a global network of sales companies, suppliers and manufacturers. You will work actively with other departments, developing new technologies and products and managing existing ones, supporting our mission to become the world leader in providing cutting edge products / solutions that solve some of the most challenging needs in market place. We will focus on your personal development and prepare you on your present and future career path.