Manager, National Sales
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: This position is accountable to the growth of all Xylem products servicing Industrial Heat Transfer market in the USA. Work with the Territory and Market Development Manager to achieve maximum market penetration and sales of Company’s product. Achieve comprehensive understanding of all customers and competitors within the region.
**This position can be based and performed in any location in the United States, except Colorado**
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop a Business Plan and Sales Targets with each Rep, agent and direct sales office.
- Manage sales agents to ensure accountability and focus.
- Coordinate with Finance and ensure timely reports for agents and partners.
- Own buying group and key national account relationships. Negotiate rebate structures and purchase agreements.
- Assist with opening new Representation where and when necessary.
- Travel to train and help grow Xylem Product Sales, particularly focused on new products.
- Identify new Markets and Product Opportunities.
- Develop Marketing Strategies working both with marketing team and with Distribution/Direct Sales Offices.
- Keep Management advised of competitors’ activities.
- Work with Regional Managers utilizing Salesforce for sharing of information.
- Assist with coordination and attend trade shows in regions.
- Application Assistance and Attend Start-up’s when required.
- Work with Service Manager to build robust network for assigned vertical market.
- Grow synergy sales by building tools/training/support network for non-traditional Xylem brands into the vertical market.
- Own pricing and ensure target margins are maintained for assigned markets and products
- Assist product managers in strategic planning for new product and strategic initiatives
- Manage the council meetings for top channels.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- External: Conducts briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives concerning product knowledge development and supports sales growth. Represent the company in the market with appropriate organizations and at market functions.
- Internal: Frequent contact with sales, sales support, operations, marketing, and engineering. Removing obstacles to sales success, building processes and tools to assist sales, defining markets and defining product opportunities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Engineering degree preferred
- Minimum of 4-6 years of field sales experience.
- Channel Management and Direct Sales Experience
- Experience managing a team
- 50% Travel Required.
- Strong Leadership skills
- Strong Interpersonal and Presentation Skills,
- Basic understanding of Hydraulics’ and Electronics
- 5+ years’ experience in commercial/industrial pump industry preferred
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting, office environment
- Must occasionally lift/ transport up to 25 pounds.
- Travel required
- Working in Non-standard workplaces
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Home office environment when not traveling
- Remote work
- 50%-70% Travel Required.
- Standard weekly hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.