1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots.
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative, and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved, and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration, and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a technically skilled customer oriented Global Managed Services Application Support Engineer interested in assisting customers deploying several of Sensus’ leading products and services. You will provide the technical leadership in helping utilities, municipalities, and utility co-ops deploy and utilize wireless infrastructure and end devices along with our proprietary cloud-based software. You will be responsible for providing technical support for a system solution that is optimized, reliable, and flexible that provides advanced communications, data collection, analysis, and control capabilities
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Technical customer interface
- Conducts in depth system monitoring and analysis for several applications.
- Responsible for system integrations & analysis for cellular and Sensus FlexNet Systems.
- Troubleshoots highly complex system level issues that encompass system configuration, hardware, firmware, and software.
- Monitor system hardware and software for proper delivery of data for customer operations.
- Assist customer to optimize the system information requirements for their business processes.
- Provide feedback to design and development engineering for product improvement.
- Engage development engineering in system troubleshooting as required
- Work with Field Sales teams, value added resellers, and distributors to deliver fully functional, configured, operational system that meets all of our customers Service level agreements.
- Provide on-call customer support on rotation
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's degree or 3 to 5 years of equivalent experience is required.
- Experience in the utility or telecommunications considered a plus.
- Mid-level Unix and/or Windows administration experience.
- Some SQL experience (MS SQL, Postgres, and/or Oracle).
- Solid understanding of basic networking concepts (ping, ssh, telnet, ftp, traceroute, etc.).
- Ability to work independently with little direction and also be a team player.
- Self-directed, excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Familiarity with Jira/confluence for customer service considered a plus.
- Familiarity or certification with Amazon Web Services considered a plus.
- Multi-lingual preferred
- Willing to travel up to 10% at times
- Willing to participate in after-hours On Call
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.