1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Project Coordinator. The Project Coordinator plays a key role in successfully executing deployment projects with Sensus customers and Distributors. This role will support the project teams in all facets of the customer engagement, and will work across the organization to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Track project budget (revenue and expenses) and timing to ensure the project is on track according to forecast/budget
- Maintain Project Charter information and aid in the collection of the data
- Complete internal purchase requisitions for external vendors
- Act as liaison to remote project managers and internal SME’s to assist in driving resolution to project deliverables/issues
- Track, report, and assist in escalation of project-related technical issues
- Ensure projects are being executed according to Sensus standard methodology, planning, and best practices. Facilitate the development and sharing of best practices and lessons learned.
- Drive internal improvement processes
- Track deployment performance metrics to ensure we are meeting contractual SLA’s throughout the project lifecycle.
- Analyze impact of issues across PM organization and disseminate information to mitigate risk
- Track resource loading to ensure the organization is working optimally and identify risks in project coverage
- Conduct monthly billing for supporting region
- Support our regional Distributors by conducting regular calls and escalating issues internally
- Assist in the Deployment Services portion in the RFP process
- Assist in special projects as needed
- General administrative duties
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Associate or BS Degree or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 2-3 years of project-related experience in a matrix organization preferred
- This role requires a highly detail-oriented individual with excellent communication skills and the ability to positively drive execution with minimal authority.
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment with multiple demands, tight timelines and prioritize appropriately.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to work independently and carry out detailed instructions, multi-task, organize and prioritize work while meeting aggressive deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail.
- com and MS Project experience is preferred
- PMI-CAPM certification is a plus
- Requires flexibility, openness to suggestions highly effective verbal, written, interpersonal and team-oriented skills with ability to interact with staff from multiple departments.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Ability to travel ~20% of the time
- Finance/budget skills preferred
- Attention to detail, highly motivated
- Organizational skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to participate and work with a team
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.