Intern - Software Engineer - Summer 2022
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem is seeking Intern Candidates with a Software Engineering background to join our team as an integral member of the engineering team. You will use knowledge of the software engineering discipline, processes and tools in order to impact and drive customer focused product development and contribute to building next generation platforms. You will be a member of a cross functional development team where communication and learning skills are highly valued while taking a leadership position to steer engineering efforts and ‘make a difference’ with our organization.
We want someone who:
- Who wants to make an impact on an organization by accelerating our developmental efforts in new platforms while enhancing the usability of existing products; looking for the opportunity to work on meaningful, customer-focused,value-added projects with our portfolio of complex chemical analysis instrumentation products.
- Make their contribution by participating in the development of test concepts,evaluate prototype designs, user interfaces, high-level architecture, algorithms, source code as well as reuseable components, and participating in the testing of the software.
- Support the drive of new concepts, methodologies, standards and processes across functional areas while driving improvements in a challenging environment.
- Drive and help to establish best practices and standardization across organizations
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Attending an accredited University studying toward a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Exposure to object-oriented design and coding languages such as Java,C#/.NET, and/or C++, preferably on a Windows platform developing Systems software
- Experience with analog/digital circuits, reading circuits and calibrated sensors desired.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards
- Demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams
- Background and experience in analytical instrumentation, data-acquisition and control applications, physical sciences, engineering, or scientific computing is a plus.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.